Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I'm somewhat a newbie. Is this a urethane material or rubber material? How much vibration is transmitted to the steering wheel? I looking for a more reliable mount and fearful of the OE breaking down. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can someone tell me if you have shipped order# 14290. I don't want to bother you all calling you on the phone anymore. I called two weeks ago and it was supposed to ship. I guess I missed that batch then I was told it would ship either last Friday or yesterday. I am going to the track Sunday and really hope to have it before then. I understand if I don't since it was a group buy but curious none the less. Thanks. I'll post numbers when I get back. I really think the mount will help me with shifting under pressure heading down the track. I really don't want to miss gears and look like a total noob.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Hi SU Mike or Cullen, could one of you comment on the discussion regarding adding additional washers to the rear end of the bone mount and/or cutting of the tabs, in this thread:
Adding washers and/or cutting off tabs to reduce vibrations
and my response here:
Getting confirmation from SU

Some members feel that doing this will help to reduce the vibrations being experienced with the SU mount. I'm unsure as to whether the tabs digging into the side of the rubber in the rear mount will actually contribute to making vibration worst, but if it does have a positive effect then I'd do the same. I just don't want to do the install essentially all over again if it really doesn't do anything one way or another (ie. the tabs digging in don't damage the rubber long term, don't have any effect on vibration).

Thanks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi SU Mike or Cullen, could one of you comment on the discussion regarding adding additional washers to the rear end of the bone mount and/or cutting of the tabs, in this thread:
and my response here:

Some members feel that doing this will help to reduce the vibrations being experienced with the SU mount. I'm unsure as to whether the tabs digging into the side of the rubber in the rear mount will actually contribute to making vibration worst, but if it does have a positive effect then I'd do the same. I just don't want to do the install essentially all over again if it really doesn't do anything one way or another (ie. the tabs digging in don't damage the rubber long term, don't have any effect on vibration).

Thanks![/b]

·
Registered
132 Posts
and my response here:

Thanks![/b]

In our cars here, we have the mounts installed exactly as the instructions read. One washer, no cutting of the tabs. Our cars here have no vibration, if there is vibration, it is so minimal that we cannot notice it anymore. We do not feel there is any need for installing the mount any differently than we have instructed. Feel free to call, email, PM or post any other questions regarding this install.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts