Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadians!!!!!

Guys I am trying to pick up a Mazda Speed 6 non GT model, I am located in Toronto, Ontario.

Please let me know what is the best lease rate you have got for 36 or 48 months. Also I was quoted with 4000 down (+ $600 tax seperate @ 15%) as everyone in ontario knows we have to pay 15% taxes on the amount we put as down payment.

Quoted for a 48 months lease $456.20 tax in.

I think it works out to $1000 or a little more below msrp. Any comments ideas all welcome, please help me out as i am looking to this soon, anybody know any particular dealership where i could get a good price?

The only problem I have that i have 13 months lease left over from my previous Mazda 6i lease. And they are saying if they have to buy out the lease then it would be $560.64 tax in per month for 48 months. I told them to piss off as i cant afford that even remotely.

I also may have a friend who might take the lease over in August, but if any one is interested in taking over my lease for 13 months please let me know. I have driven around only 44,000 kms & i have till 100,000 kms total. Car is is awesome shape synthetic Mobil 1 in engine & Redline in gearbox, all service history & never eaten in the car & i dont smoke............very clean. Lease amount is $335 per month all in & i have a set of snow tires & rims which i only used this winter so they are almost new!!!

Thanks in advance to everybody, please all prices in Canadian currency only

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can't help you with the lease rates as i bought mine. I can let you know however that when i bought my car last week, they gave me the 1% drop in the GST (effective July 1st) right now which saved me $400. I would expect that you could negotiate that into any car purchase in the next month.

I strongly suggest you go to www.carcostcanada.com and pay the $30 bucks to get the full list of pricing and rebates. I know it saved me at least $1500 over what i thought was a fair price. As a guideline, the MSRP of the loaded speed6 has about $3000 over invoice. Probably a bit less for the base model. They also give you recommended dealers in the Toronto area who will give you a pretty damn good starting price you can negotiate from if you let them know you got their info from the CCC website.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chrman,

Thanks for your reply. I am surprised that no one else from Canada came up with a price. I did look up carcostcanada.com which was a great help, thanks again!

I was not asking about the lease rate I was trying to gauge what us in Canada have paid i.e carcost indicates that dealers are willing to sell 500 above wholesale/Dealer Invoice price. The discounts in the US are crazy & way below Dealer Invoice price cost. I know we always lose out here up North.

Basically wanted to know what price people have paid for their car, it doesnt matter if it was leased or bought as i am not concerened with the interest rate or provincial taxes but the price paid on the car as a starting point.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Since you are a current Mazda customer you are probably eligible to save of 1% off of any posted lease or finance rate. My wife has a 3 and when I purchased my 6 last year they were willing to knock my finance rate down from 2.1% to 1.1% because we kept our business with Mazda. Be sure that your dealership honours this loyalty credit from Mazda or look for a new dealership. I think the way that it works is that Mazda offers you 0.5% and some dealerships offer you an additional 0.5% rate reduction to keep your business. I think that the 48 month lease rate on the MS 6 is 4.9% so you should try for 3.9%. Hope this helps you negotiate a better deal. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
swollenunit
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing