Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my car to a dealer for the first time today to have a few minor items looked at under warranty. Someone had a major snafu on the alignment rack. :tear:

The service department was very apollegetic, and offered to completely replace the door.

Oh well, mistakes happen. At least they were straight with me and didn't try to hide the problem. I can imagine some of the more crooked places making up some excuse to keep the car for a few days while slaping on some body filler and paint.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad luck, I'm sure the dealer will have it fixed in no time. Seems like one employee had some explaining to do. Good luck, let us know how everything works out for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Eeegad!! That didn't take long...

What will take long is getting a new door (I think) seeing as it is a limited run car...
[/b]

I believe that it still uses the same doors as the stock Mazda6...only the fenders are wider.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i would have loved to see them try and hide that

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I believe that it still uses the same doors as the stock Mazda6...only the fenders are wider.
[/b]
not quite. the door has been beefed up with crossmembers for rigidity. thats why it closes heavily.

·
Registered
426 Posts
not quite. the door has been beefed up with crossmembers for rigidity. thats why it closes heavily.
[/b]
the DOOR has been beefed up? I seriously doubt it. Where did you find this info?....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i got a new bumper - some guy hit my car when it was parked and i was out to dinner ....and the color match was not quite perfect. i hope they can match the color on your black cherry.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
the DOOR has been beefed up? I seriously doubt it. Where did you find this info?....
[/b]
did i say rigidity? cuz i meant safety. the ms6 has front and rear side impact door beams that the regular 6 does not have. its on the mazdausa site on the safety specs.

·
Registered
426 Posts
did i say rigidity? cuz i meant safety. the ms6 has front and rear side impact door beams that the regular 6 does not have. its on the mazdausa site on the safety specs.
[/b]
uh... every car for the past 10 years or so has had side impact door beams AFAIK.... so unless the mazdaspeed got some extra ones or thicker ones, it should be the same as regular mazda6....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
What the heck could do that to the door? Looks like someone tried to pry the door open. And why were you getting an alignment on such a new car?

·
Registered
426 Posts
What the heck could do that to the door? Looks like someone tried to pry the door open. And why were you getting an alignment on such a new car?
[/b]
prolly left it open on the lift or something......

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
uh... every car for the past 10 years or so has had side impact door beams AFAIK.... so unless the mazdaspeed got some extra ones or thicker ones, it should be the same as regular mazda6....
[/b]
yep. i am wrong.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And why were you getting an alignment on such a new car?
[/b]
Because the car was out of alignment, silly :p

The steering wheel had a slight tilt to the left that was just enough to be noticable. The car always tracked fine, but I figured I should get the alignment checked before the 12,000mi adjustment period runs out.

I mean, what could go wrong with a routine alignment?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well guys, Ill explain how they did it, they had the door open as they backed it onto the lift (or off of it). DO NOT ask me how I know this, just have a good laugh....and no, I didnt own a Mazda 6 at the time.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
OUCH!! I would have been so PO! Glad they are fixing it without any problems. Ask for free oil changes for a year. lol

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ask for free oil changes for a year. lol
[/b]
I was thinking about that, but I do all my own oil changes, so no real value there.

My co-worker suggested I should demand a free RX-8 as compensation, but somehow I don't think they'll go for that :hoho:
Heck, if they offered me a free RX-8, I would pay for the door replacement myself :laugh:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
18 Participants
ryceboi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing