Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all finally made it out to the dyno, went to Machine's Gone Wild in Miami on a Dynojet. My mods are listed in sig, I just had the reflash done and when I post the graphs(later tonight) I think you can see where mazda took away the power some people have been feeling. Anyways I am pleased with the results they were right where I expected to be. The runs were done in 4th gear.

Max HP: 249.58
Max TQ: 292.77

The shop specialzies in Subaru's and Evo's. They told me they were very impressed with the results and a fellow Subaru driver was there watching and the owner said, "You better watch out for that Mazda" The Subaru was making 300whp :) Anyway's I will try to get these graphs up asap and I cant wait till I add a downpipe and then get a tune. After all that is said and done I should be around 300whp and lots of tq :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran a 13.9 @99 my first time at the track (was pretty humid out and I had exhuast only), I feel im a much better driver now after having the car a few more months. There's no doubt in my mind that I should be able to hit 13.5's, I think even lower if I didn't live in the hot state of Florida.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea its really nice out now :) Im in Fort Lauderdale kinda near Miami, how about yourself?

·
Registered
595 Posts
your torque seems about 30-40 ft-lbs higher than most stock dynos to the wheels. You only have a catback and AEM intake for performance mods? I dont see how this is possible. I am not saying the dyno didnt spit out these readings....but just question the accuracy of the dyno. Plus the fact that you only ran a 13.9 at 99mph at the track, which is not exceptionaly well (not bad though for a first time with the car). With almost 300 ft lbs of torque to the wheels, you should easily run a 13.5 or so at 102mph I would say.

your whp seems right on though

·
Registered
870 Posts
your torque seems about 30-40 ft-lbs higher than most stock dynos to the wheels. You only have a catback and AEM intake for performance mods? I dont see how this is possible. I am not saying the dyno didnt spit out these readings....but just question the accuracy of the dyno. Plus the fact that you only ran a 13.9 at 99mph at the track, which is not exceptionaly well (not bad though for a first time with the car). With almost 300 ft lbs of torque to the wheels, you should easily run a 13.5 or so at 102mph I would say.

your whp seems right on though
[/b]
cp-e claims 30ft-lbs higher on their exhaust without intake.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree I should be running 13.5's all day but its kinda tuff down here in HOT FL. There were Evo's at the track running 13.5's and they were modded, overall next time I go to the track (on a cold night) I should break 13.5's

·
Registered
595 Posts
292ft lb torque seems kinda low to me considering what we've seen from stock dynos. who cares though, nice numbers.
[/b]

you do know that the 292 ft lbs he is indicating is at the wheels. With a 20% drivetrain loss, that would indicate that the engine is putting down around 360 ft lbs at the crank or so at the top of my head. Mazda rates it at 280 ftlbs at the crank. So you are saying that gaining 80 ftlbs at the crank is low for a catback and intake!!! what are you smoking

I agree I should be running 13.5's all day but its kinda tuff down here in HOT FL. There were Evo's at the track running 13.5's and they were modded, overall next time I go to the track (on a cold night) I should break 13.5's
[/b]

I am sure you can do it, as I believe a stock MS6 could hit a 13.5 in perfect conditions. I think you could hit a 13.3-13.4 in the best conditions.

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
you do know that the 292 ft lbs he is indicating is at the wheels. With a 20% drivetrain loss, that would indicate that the engine is putting down around 360 ft lbs at the crank or so at the top of my head. Mazda rates it at 280 ftlbs at the crank. So you are saying that gaining 80 ftlbs at the crank is low for a catback and intake!!! what are you smoking
I am sure you can do it, as I believe a stock MS6 could hit a 13.5 in perfect conditions. I think you could hit a 13.3-13.4 in the best conditions.
[/b]
You yourself got 262ft-lbs at the crank stock. cp-e claims 30ft-lbs for their exhaust only. This guy is getting exactly that. What's so hard to believe?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes and if I ever get this dyno up around 3000ish RPM's theres a spike in HP/TQ, I think it's where they pulled out some power that some people are claiming they feel, including myself.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You yourself got 262ft-lbs at the crank stock. cp-e claims 30ft-lbs for their exhaust only. This guy is getting exactly that. What's so hard to believe?
[/b]
that is true, I did get that. While I would love to gain 30ft lbs at the wheels with just a catback - I have to be realistic. I do not believe that will happen with just a catback - especially with no tuning. Dont get me wrong, I love CPE products, and have the intake and engine mount on my car now from CPE, along with their HKS BOV and adapter. I just dont like their stock dyno's they are basing the gains of their products off of. I just believe they had some issues with the stock car they were using when they dynoed it such as powerloss or heatsoak. The stock car dynoed so low, then when they added there aftermarket product and dynoed, it dynoed like it should, with an outstanding gain in the process. I will be modding my exhaust in the future, but I dont want my car loud either.

I am hopefully going back to the dyno this tuesday to test the gain from the CPE intake/hks bov/cpe mount that are on the car now. We will see.

·
Registered
744 Posts
when adding a cat back on a turbo car you get bigger gains then a NA car. with the way the stock exaust was i could see a 30ft lbs jump with just a cat back. put on any 3inch after marcket exaust and you should see simlar results. if you drive the car with and without an aftermarket 3 inch exaust youd know what im talking about. cause the gains the exaust gives you, you can really feel. although i do agree with you that tehre original dynos are a tad low.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The whole torque thing really confirms the rumors...mazda under-rated this car on torque.

Maybe an insurance ploy?

·
Registered
595 Posts
when adding a cat back on a turbo car you get bigger gains then a NA car.
[/b]

really?? no way

sorry to be an ass, but that is common knowledge. 30 ft lbs at the wheels it really excessive for just a cat back with no tuning though. 30 ft lbs at the wheels, with a full exhaust replacement including downpipe is more realistic with no tuning. I would have no problem believing that.

The whole torque thing really confirms the rumors...mazda under-rated this car on torque.

Maybe an insurance ploy?
[/b]
yes - definitly underrated by at least 30 ft lbs at the crank.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats really good for stock, i wanna see what you make post flash to really prove what this flash does, but very nice numbers :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts