Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now I have had a few beers - it's the holiday's and family is here :) - but the thread that's out there that says he didn't buy it because our car is ugly makes no sense.

I just walked into the garage to grab a smoke and looked at my car. UGLY, I think not. This car is hot. I get looks all the time just driving down the street. The new wheels help, but come on, I got looks before! People have asked me what it is when I pull up, which is super cool (debadging helps!).

It's a sleeper and a great looking car. Granted if your bar is a Ferrari, it's not there. But it didn't cost 200K :)

Not much to say beyond that other than anyone who thinks this car is ugly needs their head examined :)

:drive:

·
Registered
507 Posts
I love the way this car looks.

Tops on the list is the hood. Next is the large lower grill. Probably THE best looking spoiler they could have put on the car.

I'm actually a fan of the stock wheels (then again that might just mean I'm too broke for new one's yet!).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Looks are way too subjective. Heck I am sure some people thought the Pontiac Aztek looked good :sarc:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love the way this car looks.

Tops on the list is the hood. Next is the large lower grill. Probably THE best looking spoiler they could have put on the car.

I'm actually a fan of the stock wheels (then again that might just mean I'm too broke for new one's yet!).
[/b]
I dont think I could have said it better. (and I'm not broke)

·
Registered
176 Posts
[/b]
+1

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
[/b]
+2

·
Registered
319 Posts
The car certainly looks awkward and ungainly, but thats what attracted me. No one expects such a homely looking car to be so fast.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Looks are way too subjective. Heck I am sure some people thought the Pontiac Aztek looked good :sarc:
[/b]
lol, you're a funny guy... Aztek...lets not even mention that....whatever it is! lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lets just say the stock rims look TIGHT ASS powder coated BLACK!!! :)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Looks are definately subjective. I owned an 03 6s Sport in Lapis Blue. The only thing anyone has told me they like better about my old car as compared to my MS6, which is platinum is the color. Platinum is a little more "refined" than the bright blue was but that is what I wanted. I have actually had people tell me they like these wheels better than the ones that came stock on my old 6s. They have kind of grown on me. I am 32, so I think I wanted something a little more under-stated and classy rather than totally sporty and to me the looks of the MS6 hit that mark. Certainly not ugly to me, not one bit.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
lol, you're a funny guy... Aztek...lets not even mention that....whatever it is! lol [/b]

and just when you thought it wasn't possible for that thing to get any uglier, i recently saw a black one with black dubs on it..........at least they weren't spinners, that would have been the ultimate in ugly.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I hate the hood.
The "extra bulge" is there for a reason and I understand that but it makes the car look fatter to me.
Having said that I was at the dealer yesterday getting my oil changed and I had a chance to really look at the speed6 next to a "regular" 6 and the car looks good overall.

Extra credit goes to the rear deck spoiler on the speed6.
All 6 spoilers should look that good.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Our cars are dead sexy in my book.

I don't think the wheels are ugly, but I do wish they had chosen something different... I for one wish the RX8 wheels had at least been made an option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bottom line is nobody bought the MPS (Speed6) for it's looks... everyone bought it because the bang per buck and practicality were spot on and the drive is so much fun!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Bottom line is nobody bought the MPS (Speed6) for it's looks... everyone bought it because the bang per buck and practicality were spot on and the drive is so much fun!
[/b]
i did.. thought it was hot when i first saw press-release photos..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Bottom line is nobody bought the MPS (Speed6) for it's looks... everyone bought it because the bang per buck and practicality were spot on and the drive is so much fun! [/b]
how can you possibly make a blanket statement like that? as for opinions, to each his own, but let's be serious. I love how my car looks...especially in the velocity red. it sparkles so well and looks great with the stock rims and sharkfin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lets just say the stock rims look TIGHT ASS powder coated BLACK!!! :)
[/b]

You've got me curious now

Links? Pics? (Not photochopped!)

·
Registered
176 Posts
[/b]
Not so fast there! I'll admit that the torquey 4-banger and the performance handling sealed the deal, but I bought my car as much for looks and creature comforts as the "speed" aspects. I get comments on my whitewater pearl paint all the time, and it goes especially well with the white on black leather interior. My wife won't ride in a car if she doesn't like the looks of it, so it was definitely a factor with me.

·
Registered
507 Posts
[/b]
??? I wouldn't have picked up a $32k 274hp Aztek. Looks were a major factor in this. This car is seriously one of my favorite looking cars out there right now. Ever since photos were first released for this car I was in love with it. It was also one of my favorite looking cars from the '05 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. I left the show thinking, "That hood is AWESOME!".

1 - 20 of 47 Posts