Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the measurements are similar on the hoods of both cars., or even the same from the Speed6 and the sport 6. I know they are made in different parts of the world...but would they be equal size and interchangable. Basically, i would like to get the hood with the scoop(?) and right now i have the standard one....any thoughts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
do a seach and you'll find something. if my memory serves they're not interchangeable parts.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Oh boy, here I go again...

It would require a change of the front fenders and bumper to make the speed6 hood fit the regular 6. But, you would know that if you actually searched before posting.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh boy, here I go again...
It would require a change of the front fenders and bumper to make the speed6 hood fit the regular 6. But, you would know that if you actually searched before posting.
[/b]
Is that for 06's as well?

·
Registered
748 Posts
DaBears, start tallying how many times that question has been asked. I'm curious to know.
[/b]
do you really want his frustration to rise even more over this question? anyway....are the guys at fiber images still working on the MS6 hood for out 6's? Any word when it's going to become available?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
do you really want his frustration to rise even more over this question? anyway....are the guys at fiber images still working on the MS6 hood for out 6's? Any word when it's going to become available?
[/b]
Don't count on it. Interest wasn't high enough.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
How many people did you need? What price estimates did they give you? Sad to know that another part for our cars won't be made because of lack of interest.
[/b]
needed 10 solid buyers at $800 each. Same price as the speed6 hood because it is basically the same hood. Also, they needed a speed6 stock hood and a regular 6 stock hood to chop up.

·
Registered
748 Posts
needed 10 solid buyers at $800 each. Same price as the speed6 hood because it is basically the same hood. Also, they needed a speed6 stock hood and a regular 6 stock hood to chop up.
[/b]
$800 is a bit pricey, but i've seen their videos and if that's what we're paying for, it's a really damn good quality CF hood. It's only $300 more than the Seibon i'm planning on getting. Though i'm told Seibon is good quality, i don't know if it can withstand the same "tests" as the fiber images hood. Well, if this ever gets started again let me know, i'd be willing to let them use my hood. Do you know if fiber images offers a lifetime warranty on their CF hoods?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts