Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing some searching on google and was lead to a Saab forum where they were hating on the MS6. It upset me.

Here's a link to the thread:
http://saab92x.com/viewtopic.php?id=5273&p=3

Here's a picture that also made me sad...

Look at the 0-100 figure... So embarrassing...
I also feel the stock MS6 can do better than 5.8 with the DSC off. Am I wrong?
:(

PS- I'd take my car over a LGT or Saab 9-2X ANY DAY.

GRRRR!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Eh, don't get too wrapped up in it. There are detractors for every single car out there.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
So I was doing some searching on google and was lead to a Saab forum where they were hating on the MS6. It upset me.

GRRRR!
[/b]
we all know the truth. and the truth is an ms6 will spank 9-2x's anyday.
make an account with them and post a link of p5's vids. that'll shut'em up.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Obviously the MS6 can do better, I mean cmon they only got a 14.8s 1/4 mile, a good driver can do that in a v6 6!

·
Registered
59 Posts

GRRRR!
[/b]
To each their own.

1st, you are posting a discussion that took place about 9 months ago, back when MSP6's were going for a lot more than they are now, and back before there was an ECU fix. 2nd, it is from a Saab forum, and I guarantee most Saab owners would prefer a Subaru over a Mazda just because Subaru and Saab are so closely related. I myself love the way the MSP6 looks and performs, especially for the price factor, but after owning a STi with all-time AWD I can definately say the next car to replace my wife's Mazda6 will most likely be a Legacy GT (or Legacy STI if they ever come to the states).

·
Registered
967 Posts
u do know that the 9-2x is nothing more than a wrx wagon? right?
[/b]
One of my best friends has a 2005 92x. He drove my MS6 and agreed that it's faster than his car and he said that it pretty much spanks his car in every way. He's a big 92x fan too. Like it was said above, to each his own. I love my MS6 and it's a sleeper tried and true. :drive:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i actually cross-shopped a 9-2x this summer, and in june they were offering $7k incentives, lol. that's even worse than what the dealers did to get the mazdaspeed6 moving.

It's kind of a cool car, but a heavier wrx wagon is certainly not going to be running sub 14 quarter miles stock any time soon.

one last thing...on sportcompactcarweb.com or something similar, they had a build up going with a 9-2x and JDM wrx parts. it was sort of interesting

·
Registered
126 Posts
To each their own.

1st, you are posting a discussion that took place about 9 months ago, back when MSP6's were going for a lot more than they are now, and back before there was an ECU fix. 2nd, it is from a Saab forum, and I guarantee most Saab owners would prefer a Subaru over a Mazda just because Subaru and Saab are so closely related. I myself love the way the MSP6 looks and performs, especially for the price factor, but after owning a STi with all-time AWD I can definately say the next car to replace my wife's Mazda6 will most likely be a Legacy GT (or Legacy STI if they ever come to the states).
[/b]
I agree. I just read that whole thread, and another thread that someone else in that forum posted (I believe it was a Contour forum).

Was pretty funny, there was a guy that was actally giving the MS6 props. It wasnt his car and was his dads, but he was doing his best to convince to some of them "non-believers" that the MS6 is actually a "great" car.

Honestly, I dont think I've ever owned a vehicle that didnt have some kind of problem. But they are things that I can live with, nothing I've actually had to go on a rampage about (so far lol). Whether it be tire pressure sensors to something under the hood. I already know that when I purchase a vehicle (new or used), something may go wrong. But I believe thats why we have warranties. I've yet to have any problems with my MS6 (knocks on wood), and hope to all you MS6 owners you dont have any more issues (for those of you that have) with your vehicle. I'll stick with my MS6.

·
Registered
329 Posts

GRRRR!
[/b]
Isn't that the article from Car and Driver? Either way that car was obviously suffering from powerloss. They were testing in SoCal and probably running less than adequate gas.

There will always be haters. Just remember that those not so fortunate reviews allow us all to get into a fairly quick sedan for an amazing price. It also makes it more fun when you blow past all those non-believers on the track.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
They were testing in SoCal and probably running less than adequate gas.
[/b]
I've heard this statement a couple times on here before, and(not to sound like a dick) to me, it comes off as ignorant. Basically, R&T had powerloss. That sucks cuz the MS6 is better than that issue's numbers and we know it. But don't say that it's from 91, which is what they stated they used. Yes, you can only get 91 octane in CA, but realistically your not losing more than a few HP. Nothing that should cause significant performance loss. In an issue of Speed Magazine (from R&T), the MS6(obiviously without powerloss) and Spec.b had identical 14.2 quartermile times. There was a half second difference in 0-60(6.0 vs. 5.5), however that's common between these two cars because the Subie gets to 60 in 2nd. I'll have to check, but the 0-100 were pretty similar too. That test was also in CA. Powerloss has happened to people running up to 94 and even higher. There doesn't seem to be proof that those running 91 consistently are getting any more or less powerloss than those running higher. Most of us know the history the powerloss and the fix if you want it, and to blame 91 octane simply isn't correct...Now 87 or 89, thats a different story...

·
Registered
247 Posts
between my MSP, my MP3, the MS6 and my Datsun 510. All my cars have been hated by some, loved by most. I don't ever let it bother me.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I didn't buy a cheap mazda to impress someone i dont know. Would have gotten a bimmer or a G coupe otherwise.

·
Registered
149 Posts
For some bashing other cars makes them feel better about what they have. Yes it happens here too. Oh well :sarc:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
To add to it all, have you seen how they've ruined the front end on the new 9-5? I dont understand where that design cue came from, I just dont get it. Their version of the trailblazer even looks better, how sad.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've heard this statement a couple times on here before, and(not to sound like a dick) to me, it comes off as ignorant. Basically, R&T had powerloss. That sucks cuz the MS6 is better than that issue's numbers and we know it. But don't say that it's from 91, which is what they stated they used. Yes, you can only get 91 octane in CA, but realistically your not losing more than a few HP. Nothing that should cause significant performance loss. In an issue of Speed Magazine (from R&T), the MS6(obiviously without powerloss) and Spec.b had identical 14.2 quartermile times. There was a half second difference in 0-60(6.0 vs. 5.5), however that's common between these two cars because the Subie gets to 60 in 2nd. I'll have to check, but the 0-100 were pretty similar too. That test was also in CA. Powerloss has happened to people running up to 94 and even higher. There doesn't seem to be proof that those running 91 consistently are getting any more or less powerloss than those running higher. Most of us know the history the powerloss and the fix if you want it, and to blame 91 octane simply isn't correct...Now 87 or 89, thats a different story...
[/b]

Sorry I should have been more clear. By "less than adequate" what I meant was they were most likely running 91 octane (when the manufacturer specifically asks for 93) on an early car (no reflash) under hard driving conditions which caused their powerloss episode.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts