Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the skinny~
i just spoke with the fabricator today.
we are going to begin creating of the FMIC in a week or so. It will be done in 2-3 weeks.

I need to know how many of ya'll would be interested in an FMIC and how much u are willing to pay up to.
If there is enough interest, I will personally front the money to mass produce them to resell.
please let me know if you want an FMIC and how much up to you are willing to pay. I am going to be paying about 2500 in materials labor and research and development. Of course the actual price will be much lower.
I want to know how much ya'll are willing to pay because if the cost of production and materials outweigh how much ya'll gonna pay its not gonna be worth fronting 10s of thousands of dollars to get them mass produced. If the cost of manufac. is close to what everyone willing to pay, i do not mind putting up that money to get it done. let me know asap!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heck yes! I would pay around $800 for a quality kit but no more than $1000.
[/b]
ok ok i'm going to keep that in mind..
now if it comes down to it
would u pay less for a smaller core intercooler? or more for one that fills the entire front grill?
the one i'm getting made will fill the entire front grill

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I wouldn't want a MASSIVE intercooler, probably something about the same surface area of the stock, just probably longer and skinnier. If you can find a more efficient core then a smaller i/c would be fine, all in the name of heat dissipation :)!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't want a MASSIVE intercooler, probably something about the same surface area of the stock, just probably longer and skinnier. If you can find a more efficient core then a smaller i/c would be fine, all in the name of heat dissipation :)!
[/b]
ok sounds good
believe me this intercooler gonna be SOLID... these guys were actaully the masterminds behind some on the industries top cars. so its gonna be HOT or should i say cooool

·
Registered
490 Posts
Don't Forget.. We have 1 of the top Engineering Race and street group, down here in Texas, getting ready for something.
So there WILL be Lots of top end gear coming.. And DEEP pockets are NOT always needed for the best mod's.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't Forget.. We have 1 of the top Engineering Race and street group, down here in Texas, getting ready for something.
So there WILL be Lots of top end gear coming.. And DEEP pockets are NOT always needed for the best mod's.
[/b]
top end mods is great man keep me up dated on what mods they planning and when they gonna drop

but i'm just gauging interest on FMIC's so please try to stay to topic. Thanks =D

·
Registered
490 Posts
top end mods is great man keep me up dated on what mods they planning and when they gonna drop

but i'm just gauging interest on FMIC's so please try to stay to topic. Thanks =D
[/b]
Me too.. That IS what is being done... ;) Me can say no more until I have FACTS though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me too.. That IS what is being done... ;) Me can say no more until I have FACTS though.
[/b]
oh when u said top end mods i thought u were talking about other things.

well keep me up to date with the FMIC they workin on.

i'll let everyone know how the initial mock up goes with the FMIC over on this side

·
Registered
676 Posts
oh when u said top end mods i thought u were talking about other things.

well keep me up to date with the FMIC they workin on.

i'll let everyone know how the initial mock up goes with the FMIC over on this side
[/b]
I know this is a little OT, is CP-E planing a FMIC too??? I love when companies have competition better products and better prices

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know this is a little OT, is CP-E planing a FMIC too??? I love when companies have competition better products and better prices
[/b]
Yea CPE is making one to
i'mma go talk with them in a couple weeks
see if i can;t get a sharing of ideas maybe speed up the process and bring the price down.
after all if 2 heads are better then 1
2 shops should be better then one to right?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd pay up to 1k for a nice FMIC setup with a large IC. a 3" thick tank would be nice, short(est) route piping with a place for ANY bov to be mounted. With Polished pipes. Possibly with the front side of the IC annodized black to match the car. Yes, you'll lose some cooling efficiency, but the core should be large enough to offset. Annodizing isn't necessary obviously.

Jason

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Yea CPE is making one to
i'mma go talk with them in a couple weeks
see if i can;t get a sharing of ideas maybe speed up the process and bring the price down.
after all if 2 heads are better then 1
2 shops should be better then one to right?
[/b]
There is almost no way in hell that CPE will tell you what their plans are for a FMIC. That would be stupid business sense. That is cutting into their ability to make a profit by telling you what to do without you having invested any money in R&D

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'd pay up to 1k for a nice FMIC setup with a large IC. a 3" thick tank would be nice, short(est) route piping with a place for ANY bov to be mounted. With Polished pipes. Possibly with the front side of the IC annodized black to match the car. Yes, you'll lose some cooling efficiency, but the core should be large enough to offset. Annodizing isn't necessary obviously.

Jason
[/b]
As you know, the draw back of too big an IC on the Hitachi 2.74 vein T-bo is BOG.. And it MAY be more than you and I would like.
As for the color... If it was made from 4000 series Alum/Titanium , it would be a non reflective off grey material. And that would be hidden well, unless someone looks hard or the vehicle is parked and a person knows what to look for. :yesnod:

·
Registered
998 Posts
As you know, the draw back of too big an IC on the Hitachi 2.74 vein T-bo is BOG.. And it MAY be more than you and I would like.
As for the color... If it was made from 4000 series Alum/Titanium , it would be a non reflective off grey material. And that would be hidden well, unless someone looks hard or the vehicle is parked and a person knows what to look for. :yesnod:
[/b]
That would work. I'd love to keep the 'plastic' grill for appearance (for now at least). Yes it doesn't flow as well, ok; modding this car doesn't score very well on the WAF (Wife Approval Factor), so keeping stuff hidden would be best :) I'm upgrading to an FMIC, I'm more then likely going to a larger turbo, so lag will be inevitable. Does anyone make cams for this engine? It's nice this is a 2.3 and not a 2.0; every little bit helps.

Jason

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd be interested as well. The IC doesn't need to be huge, just something that would support, oh, say 400hp. :) Hey, ya gotta have a goal.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is almost no way in hell that CPE will tell you what their plans are for a FMIC. That would be stupid business sense. That is cutting into their ability to make a profit by telling you what to do without you having invested any money in R&D
[/b]
hahaha i'm not even going to get into this with you
so i'll jsut let u kno when things happen =D have a nice day

[/b]
oh and btw i am investing about 2500 into r&d not to mention
anoter 10-20 thousand into mass production if there is enough interest to invest my money into it.
haha Thanks~

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lag is right. Not only will the lag increase as a result of the larger intercooler, but if there are longer and larger pipes feeding said intercooler, then the volume of the system will increase dramaticaly, perhaps double or even triple what it is today. The beauty of the TMIC is that the path of the air is as short as possible, and on the MSP6, it's extremely short. Why not invest a little time and money into a misting system that works or a liquid to air intercooler? Here in the cerntral valley of CA, where it is extremely dry, the added moisture (misting system) would greatly enhance the thermal capacity of the air and improve the efficiency of the IC. It's cheap and effective. It seems that without a larger capacity turbo and zero exaust restrictions, the FMIC would proabably dissapoint. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but all I keep reading is how the Turbo is undersized, so this mod may reduce intake temperatures and improve charge density, but there will be a cost. There are other, simpler ways to achieve the temp reductions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
10 Participants
jvicary243
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing