Mazda 6 Forums banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm right here... in Texas.

I bought my Mazda 6 iTouring w/ all the upgrades I could get. I WOULD have bought the Grand Touring, but it didn't come in a stick! Grrrr!

Sorry, but control freak and former racer ME must have a manual.

The test drive was, well, interesting.

I scared the ever living (you know what) out of the sales dude. After I got behind the wheel, I went to a stretch of straight, unimpeded road that I know is over a 1/4 mile and is NOT frequented by the MAN aka... the PO-LEEECE!

Question from the backseat from the sales dude: "Why are we stopping?"

Me: "So we can go fast."

Bear in mind, my husband was in the passenger seat with this gigantic evil smile on his face.

I PUNCHED THE ACCELERATOR! 1st: 30mph max @ safe 6k RPM; 2nd: 60mph! @ safe 6k RPM; 3rd: 95mph @ safe 5k RPM... slammed on the brakes w/ no ABS kick and came to a complete stop.

Me: "Mmm... interesting. I'll consider it," as I adjusted the rear view mirror to see the salesman.

I made a man w/ darker skin go WHITE and SHAKY.

I know that wasn't really all that nice, but I had to know.

Took the Grand Touring out without the salesman. I got less than 100 yards from the dealership when I said, "NO."

I test drove the Fusion... what a piece of (you know what).

I test drove the Accord because my husband has one, and it's pretty peppy for an automatic. It had all these warning systems and cameras. Drove me up the WALL. I stopped the car, turned off the ignition, looked at the salesman in the backseat and said, "I don't want a car that tells me what to do or how to drive. F**k this."

The rest is history. I love my 6. It has all the bells and whistles I want with only ONE that I could stand to be without - the blind spot monitor. I press that button after I start up the car EVERY TIME. Noisy little bratty button. I know where my car is... thank you.

Now, if I can only figure out why all of these little peons what to race me... I'm retired. Thanks.
Although, when they see a GIRL in the driver's seat, they stop. (Ugh. So. LAME.)

Take care, y'all! Nice to meet y'all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I came across one this morning driving a Soul Red 14/15 3rd Gen Mazda 6 on I95 S near Lexington MA. Car and Lady were equally distracting :D It's nice to come across a lady that has good taste in cars. ----- Props to OP for this as well ;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Fargo DH parking lot

There are 3 6's in my schools parking lot
Black 2.3L 1st gen (mine)
Red 2.3L 1st gen Chrome rims (Female, Junior)
Red 2.5L Skyactiv factory (My Female math teacher)
also a few 3's my woodshop teacher has a 626 wagon 5 speed manual 210K still factory manual tranny and last but not least the only 2007 CX-7 turbo that still runs >:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm on my second Mazda 6. My first was a Grey 2005 Mazda6I, I had it for 8 years. My current Mazda is -a 2014 Touring Soul Red, I've had it since 2014.

It took me a while to getting you to the second one it is much larger than first generation Mazda6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. Just happened upon this thread and wanted to share that I'm a woman who bought a 2009 ms6 today and am thrilled. I finally retired my 1991 Corolla (also a stick, but obviously not quite the same). I think I'm going to love this car!

Mindy in PA

241 - 250 of 250 Posts
About this Discussion
249 Replies
50 Participants
mbogoo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing