Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone says it, I have performed the search function and I keep getting the same error. I know a few have installed the eyelids and I was curious where to buy them and do you just use the reg mazda 6 eyelids. I am hoping you can buy them already painted, if not I will have to visit a body shop.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Before anyone says it, I have performed the search function and I keep getting the same error. I know a few have installed the eyelids and I was curious where to buy them and do you just use the reg mazda 6 eyelids. I am hoping you can buy them already painted, if not I will have to visit a body shop.
[/b]
I bought mine from the accolade website, do a google searcha and you'll find their website. Shipping was good, I ordered them on a friday morning and I got them on tuesdaym, it's just that the order process is a little bit different to any other sellers. I think I paid around $55 i cant exactly remember but they do not come painted. I had them painted by local body shop for $30. I have an '06, and they fit just fine, I dont think there's any difference from your headlights to mines, so you should be aight. I guess you'll have to find out from a ms6 owner too.
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought mine from the accolade website, do a google searcha and you'll find their website. Shipping was good, I ordered them on a friday morning and I got them on tuesdaym, it's just that the order process is a little bit different to any other sellers. I think I paid around $55 i cant exactly remember but they do not come painted. I had them painted by local body shop for $30. I have an '06, and they fit just fine, I dont think there's any difference from your headlights to mines, so you should be aight. I guess you'll have to find out from a ms6 owner too.
just my 2 cents
[/b]
Thanks

·
Registered
693 Posts
Thanks
[/b]

Yes They Eye Lids Are The Same I Bought Mine On Ebay For 30.00 Plus Shipping 15.00 Do A Search On Ebay Mine Came In Carbon Fiber And It Looks Awsome On The Velocity Red I Will Take Some Pics And Post.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yes They Eye Lids Are The Same I Bought Mine On Ebay For 30.00 Plus Shipping 15.00 Do A Search On Ebay Mine Came In Carbon Fiber And It Looks Awsome On The Velocity Red I Will Take Some Pics And Post.
[/b]
please do!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/b]
I wonder how CF would look on a black mica....hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Why do all like em'? I don't want them, but I keep seeing them and that alone makes me want to get em'. I just want to belong. Will someone be my friend?

Damn, disregard my comment...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Keep your eyes from drying up.
[/b]
Damn, I knew if I asked this I'd get at least one smart ass response. Otherwise I'd have been disappointed. :nana:

100% cosmetic
[/b]
Do the people that get them really think it improves appearances, or is it just to have them? In my recollection I've only seen them on asian owned cars, so maybe I don't understand the impression they're supposed to make. Alas, none of my asian friends had eyelids, so I never unraveled that mystery.

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
just my 2 cents
[/b]

Will they fit an 07'?

Also does it affect the Xenon lights at all w/ that raise/lower feature we have when heavy loads are in the car?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
they just change the look alittle, i had some on my maita it looked more agressive

im white not asian
i cant find a pic of eye lids on a speed6 on the net

·
Registered
693 Posts
they just change the look alittle, i had some on my maita it looked more agressive

im white not asian
i cant find a pic of eye lids on a speed6 on the net
[/b]
As soon as this rain clears and i get out of work i will post some pics of mine ok people

·
Registered
795 Posts
here are my eyelids, it does make the front end look more aggressive and they dont block my HIDs

·
Registered
693 Posts
here are my eyelids, it does make the front end look more aggressive and they dont block my HIDs

[/b]

you have the partial ones thats cool mine go all the way up i promise to have pics up soon sorry for the delay thunderstorms and weather we arent used to sucks...... :swearin:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Eyelids make the headlights more aggressive - at least that's the intended use.
And on some cars it works. But on the 6, which already has a pretty slim headlight, it just makes it look sleepy.

That Miata looks like it's high! :laugh: Wait, what?

I suspect people are wanting this look:

I've yet to see an eyelid that captures that look for a 6.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts