Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some local mazda people were holding a dyno day there and i took mine in to see what i can do. it was pretty hot and dusty that day. Mods are MSCAI, Synapse BPV, SU TIP, ETS 3.25 TMIC, CPE-RMM, Custom Catback and a wrong AP OTS map(wrong intake, closest one i can get). During the run the guy said i was knocking from 5500-6600rpm. Some tuning will net more hp there. Dyno was done on a Dynapack. 91 Octane fuel.

296.0AWHP @ 6134RPM
335.7lb/ft @ 3652RPM

Once i get a scanner i will scan it and post the dyno sheet here. Meanwhile enjoy the video : )

run video

The guy also said to stay away from shell gas for some reason. They knock like crazy.

UPDATE:dyno sheet on post #13

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
gives me hope... i have similar mods but full TBE and MBC/map clamp @18psi... no tune

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I was just on a dynapack yesterday and hit 251/285 with almost identical mods except no AP/tune... this gives me ALOT of hope, lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure how you could be knocking from 5500-6600 rpm when the knock sensor goes def around there, unless it was audible knock. if that was the case then i hope they stopped.
good question, not sure if it was audible knock or not. They did look at some other graph on the computer and told me i was knocking. If it was audible i believe and hope they did stop it there and then.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wait, you mean SU TP, not TIP, right? Because those numbers are awfully high for not having a TP/DP. (Stage 1)
Oh wait, you said stage 2. But those dynapacks do run kinda high, right?

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
It just varies man, heres a graph from a member off 6crew (i believe this was done on the same day as the OP's) who has a CAI/BPV/ground kit, then his buddy who had a stock MS6 pulled a 250/291 (no grpaph)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 777x600 and weights 64KB.
Compared to my graph with mods in my sig...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait, you mean SU TP, not TIP, right? Because those numbers are awfully high for not having a TP/DP. (Stage 1)
Oh wait, you said stage 2. But those dynapacks do run kinda high, right?
I have the TIP(intake inlet pipe) and i do not have a TP/DP. I need to get a scanner so that i can put the print out here.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
thouse are hell of great torque numbers for your mods, i cant wait to see the scans of your dyno run

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Them numbers are great and you dont even have a DP/TP either. Very nice...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry for taking so long, i have been on vacation and now i cannot find anyone with a scanner.
So i took the two scans with my camera, hope it comes out well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey man, nice numbers. Did you stop by Pro Drag whilst you was back in KL? Too bad I was in UK man!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey man, nice numbers. Did you stop by Pro Drag whilst you was back in KL? Too bad I was in UK man!

Sorry i didnt have a chance when i was in KL, i went there for the thomas cup(badminton) and hurried back to penang where i was staying. BTW i am back in usa now..pity no chance to look at your car.

i should be going there again soon. hopefully we can meet then.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Hey cokonut, I was the beta tester for the map that you are running and I have the most up to date version (Stage2+TIHSF 91 v103f+TMIC) before I got my ProTune from Tim. If you would like it, send me your email.

·
Registered
400 Posts
that makes me real curroius of what I will dyno. Since I have very simalar mods. But I go to a dynojet that has high numbers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts