Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks for the link.

The one thing that stood out was the rear wiper!

·
Registered
108 Posts
thanks bud! i like the ride! im thinking of going black finish with polished lip on my white pearl ms6. looks real good on yours.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
And whats amazing is even seeing it people on this site will still claim that only 10-20% of the power goes to the rear during cornering and oversteer is not possible... amazing...

·
Registered
490 Posts
And whats amazing is even seeing it people on this site will still claim that only 10-20% of the power goes to the rear during cornering and oversteer is not possible... amazing...
[/b]
I can garauntee that MORE gets there.... :huh: If I can come out of a store entry way and throw OUT the rear with the DSC off and continue to roll it on a sideways pwr slide, more is at the rear than just 50%.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I can garauntee that MORE gets there.... :huh: If I can come out of a store entry way and throw OUT the rear with the DSC off and continue to roll it on a sideways pwr slide, more is at the rear than just 50%.
[/b]
That AWD system sure is fun isn't it!?!
Those are pretty sweet videos, just wish I could understand them and could skip around and replay parts.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't speak Japaneese, but I am pretty sure he said something about "I am a bad ass professional driver and you guys should think twice about turning off your DSC!!!" :nono:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I don't speak Japaneese, but I am pretty sure he said something about "I am a bad ass professional driver and you guys should think twice about turning off your DSC!!!" :nono:
[/b]
What was said was, IF you only press pedal and steer, no try to drive like real. :D
DSC off is fine if you know how to learn and control the car and do this in an acre lot at empty business park. There is plenty of room to learn how to control this vehicle.
You would be correct, if someone just drives as do most people. Then DSC off is Disastrous Situation Coming.
I still wish that the U.S. would make it mandatory for beginners to DRIVE on a test track and experience conditions.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Upon further review he actually was talking about the $20 or so of rubber he was leaving in each corner during the drifts...awesome video though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice vids!

I can garauntee more is at the rear than just 50%.
[/b]

Not possible for the car to send more than 50% to the rear. Now if the fronts are on ice or slipping, measured torque at the rear wheels can be greater than 50% of the engine output, but on dry ground with tires not slipping, the MS6 can vary from 100/0 to 50/50, not anymore.

When fully locked, think of the front and rear wheels connected by a one piece driveshaft.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
[/b]
Well, I only watched the first video, but it only demonstrates it's FWD tendency! Watch it again. The driver is only inducing oversteer on corner ENTRY. I can do that in a FWD '6. Heck, that can happen in ANY car with proper sway and spring rates. At no point in the video does the rear kick out because of throttle.

As I've said before, 100% can go to the rear in the very rare scenario that you are at partial throttle and the front tires have absolutely zero grip, such as if the front tires were on smooth ice. This is like a 4x4 system- the differential becomes locked. In a high grip situation while cornering, the AWD system cannot lock the center differential or the whole system will bind. Thus, the rear tires cannot get much if any power at all.

·
Registered
489 Posts
As I've said before, 100% can go to the rear in the very rare scenario that you are at partial throttle and the front tires have absolutely zero grip, such as if the front tires were on smooth ice. This is like a 4x4 system- the differential becomes locked. In a high grip situation while cornering, the AWD system cannot lock the center differential or the whole system will bind. Thus, the rear tires cannot get much if any power at all.
[/b]
Except you keep referring to a "center differential" which the MS6 is not equipped with.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Except you keep referring to a "center differential" which the MS6 is not equipped with.
[/b]
Bingo!

Instead of a center diff. there is a clutch pack that is opperated by a solenoid and the % of power sent to the rear is set by the frequency that the solenoid is going off at (which inturn is controlled by varius inputs from throttle position, wheel speed, vehicle speed, etc.)

I know there was an indepth thread about this but im too lazy to look for it :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bingo!

Instead of a center diff. there is a clutch pack that is opperated by a solenoid and the % of power sent to the rear is set by the frequency that the solenoid is going off at (which inturn is controlled by varius inputs from throttle position, wheel speed, vehicle speed, etc.)

I know there was an indepth thread about this but im too lazy to look for it :p
[/b]

yep it^s like electromagnetic clutch. Works the same way as Haldex system used in VAG-concern. But that keiichi tsuchiya is unbelievable "drift king" I love all best motoring videos where he is.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
And as much as everyone wants to say so I will... i can go out right now and take a video of a 50MPH corner... and by 50MPH i don't mean that is whats listed, but its quite an angle and I think 50mph is "high speed" in this scenario (there is a corner like this behind my house)... and stomp the throttle in 3rd and watch the car POWER oversteer very very well... telling me that LITTLE TO NO power is going to the rear wheels is just idiocy...

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
[/b]
Bah, I still consider it a differential. It controls the differences in speed between two shafts. No, it's not a tradiational differential, and yes, I should probably call it something else.

i can go out right now and take a video of a 50MPH corner... and by 50MPH i don't mean that is whats listed, but its quite an angle and I think 50mph is "high speed" in this scenario (there is a corner like this behind my house)... and stomp the throttle in 3rd and watch the car POWER oversteer very very well...
[/b]
What are you waiting for? Do it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bah, I still consider it a differential. It controls the differences in speed between two shafts. No, it's not a tradiational differential, and yes, I should probably call it something else.
What are you waiting for? Do it!
[/b]
Ok let`s call it active differential that is right word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_(mechanics) Subaru was the last one wich added it to their sti.

I think too you have much more torque transferred to back before you can really tail out mazdas back.. as you know audi rs-4 have front 40-60 distribution and still it`s faaaar away from RWD car. I cant do it in a audi 80 4x4 (50:50) on a snowy road, because you always have to done Scandinavian flick wich helps you get the car oversteer really big slides. ( http://www.tcsracing.org/scandinavianflick.htm )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
15 Participants
littleeffer
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing