Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - Opened the hood the other day, and noticed that a bit of coolant had leaked. So checked and noticed that the rubber hose on the radiator side was quite loose over the hose nipple. So just put on a hose clamp to stop this.

[attachmentid=12318][attachmentid=12319]

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
FYI - Opened the hood the other day, and noticed that a bit of coolant had leaked. So checked and noticed that the rubber hose on the radiator side was quite loose over the hose nipple. So just put on a hose clamp to stop this.

[attachmentid=12318][attachmentid=12319]
[/b]
Someone posted this before. He had some coolant all over. I have the clamps on both sides of that container just to make sure. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Someone posted this before. He had some coolant all over. I have the clamps on both sides of that container just to make sure. :)
[/b]
There's a TSB on it already. They'll replace the hose with one with a slightly smaller diameter so it fits tighter if you want to take it in to the dealer. But a clamp works just as well. I put a clamp on mine and I WORK in the parts dept at a dealer!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I had this issue within the first week of owning my car. Took it to the dealer and threw on a hose clamp.
Good to see there is a TSB on such a little thing. Now they just need to address this 2nd gear synchronizer!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had this issue within the first week of owning my car. Took it to the dealer and threw on a hose clamp.
Good to see there is a TSB on such a little thing. Now they just need to address this 2nd gear synchronizer!
[/b]
There's supposed to be a recall coming up on the driveshaft assy but I haven't heard anything about the trans yet.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm getting a weird harmonic noise when i'm cruising on the highway, doens't happen all the time but if i'm driving anything other than totally straight at say 80mph in 6th i get the noise. I'm thinking its a trans or driveshaft issue.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Better hope its not the trans, my car has been in the shop waiting for a new trans going on 4 weeks. I'm about to go nuts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lemon Law isn't as fun as you think, even new cars get depreciated and picked apart very quickly. So sometimes you end up still owing a little bit back to the company. We've had 2 or 3 RX-8's lemon lawed at our dealer and the people were not impressed to have to replace headliners for small burnholes from smoking etc. :lol: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts