Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on how to effectively/efficiently clean ms6 rims would be greatly appreciated. Just bought an 06 gt and the rims are a bitch to clean!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Any advice on how to effectively/efficiently clean ms6 rims would be greatly appreciated. Just bought an 06 gt and the rims are a bitch to clean!
[/b]

I agree, and they dirty up so fast! I use two different brushes

I have a big long handled brush which I use to do the surface area. It has soft bristles and the head is probably 4" x 4", it's similar to the wheel brushes most carwash places use.

That doesn't help get in between the spokes though, so I have a special rim cleaning brush from Meguiar's that does the job awesome, in and out and that gap is done.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I spray them a few times with some wheel cleaner, hose them down and then use a wash cloth with soapy water to get into there. The grease comes right off if you use that method and do it often enough. It is just time consuming though as there are so many nooks and crannies!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
get one of those giant sponges from autozone or pepboys. It works great and gets in all of the crevices. I use the brushes too...but have found the sponge to be superior. Brushes tend not to contact the entire surface of what they are being used on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the best option for the grit and brake dust that has worked itself into the finish (if people aren't cleaning their rims well or often enough!) is a product called Nevr Dull. it comes in a dark blue tin. pull out a wad of it, rub and buff. it works magic. i guarantee you won't be disappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts