Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was the srt-4 stock?[/b]
No he said he upgraded his turbo, exhaust cutout,and ran some kind of management system. He switched to slicks later on and ran 12.8. He bogged it out of the hole on the first run.

·
Registered
400 Posts
No he said he upgraded his turbo, exhaust cutout,and ran some kind of management system. He switched to slicks later on and ran 12.8. He bogged it out of the hole on the first run.[/b]
I saw the run against the SRT-4. It was actually pretty sick. I was only able to get one run that day of 14.1. At 94 MPH. Had to run by myself.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Having AWD, I'm kinda surprized to see the Mustang schooled you to 60'. Sounds like you might drop a 10th or 2 by getting a better launch? Seems like 13th's are do-able for you...no?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Having AWD, I'm kinda surprized to see the Mustang schooled you to 60'. Sounds like you might drop a 10th or 2 by getting a better launch? Seems like 13th's are do-able for you...no?[/b]
06 GT stangs are fast. i've been taken to 60 also. i believe they run mid 13's easy, stock.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 60' times could definitely improve. I was tring a couple different things. My first run was with dsc on, and off on my second run. The track had alot of issues the day I went, so I only got to make 2 passes.

·
Registered
651 Posts
06 GT stangs are fast. i've been taken to 60 also. i believe they run mid 13's easy, stock.[/b]
Being the GT in the pic showed a closer mid 14 than a 13...I was kind of shocked to see him get taken to 60. I have no doubt they are fast, but figured the V8 would take it more in the high end, not in the low end where it's trying to grab hold of the pavement.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Being the GT in the pic showed a closer mid 14 than a 13...I was kind of shocked to see him get taken to 60. I have no doubt they are fast, but figured the V8 would take it more in the high end, not in the low end where it's trying to grab hold of the pavement.[/b]
I'm guessing it's either A.) an old GT.. B.) an 06 GT, convertible, with an automatic trans., or C.) the driver of the GT just plain sucked!

Either way, nice times though. Man, the MS6 got such bad press. The times everyone posts on here for their MS6 are better than what the mags tested by far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts