Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car and wheels are filthy i know, damn brake dust... anyway i still need to get the car aligned next week along with new wheels and tires to be installed hopefully.... The shop test fit one wheel and said its gonna be close, i might rub which after reading everywhere that with a +50 there should be no rubbing, so i dont know whats going to happen.....wheel is 18x8 +50 wrapped in 235/40/18 Toyo Proxy 4, could it be the tire?? anyway enjoy pics....

before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

All after shots:

Rear spring:

Front spring:

Pogo, my car alarm:

when i drove it home from the shop heard some little noises, is it just the springs settling?? maybe because its not aligned yet either?? anything i should look out for, never had lowering springs so all advice welcome....

Thanks again Sabrina for the great GB on these :D

:drive:

·
Registered
799 Posts
wow your front before looks like a damn 4x4 truck.

the sounds should just be the springs settling into place. If it continues I would look further into it...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
looks very very good. did you install yourself? if not, how much did it run you?

what kind of rims?

i am still not digging the chrome fuel door. imho, it just throws off the rest of the car, especially with the black euros and kick-ass grille. just my opinion.

ditto on the before pics of the 4x4 front end. hope mine doesn't look that bad *lowers head in shame*

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Keep us posted on the wheel and tire install. 235 sounds a little wide to me, but you are putting it on a wheel with a good off-set. Should be close.

Before and afters are amazing, your car looks perfect now. Why don't they come from the factory like that? What is your opinion of the ride stiffness now with the springs?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks very very good. did you install yourself? if not, how much did it run you?

what kind of rims?

i am still not digging the chrome fuel door. imho, it just throws off the rest of the car, especially with the black euros and kick-ass grille. just my opinion.

ditto on the before pics of the 4x4 front end. hope mine doesn't look that bad *lowers head in shame*
[/b]
thanks... i did not do it myself, my dad could have helped me do it but he is working like 20 hour days and i couldnt wait.... got it done at a local tuner shop $228, cheaper than the dealers $650.....

the rims are Motegi Dv-5 gloss black 18x8 +50... will find out next week when i go back to get my car aligned if wheels will fit **crosses fingers**

thats cool on the chrome fuel door, some like some dont.... i might paint it black....

Keep us posted on the wheel and tire install. 235 sounds a little wide to me, but you are putting it on a wheel with a good off-set. Should be close.

Before and afters are amazing, your car looks perfect now. Why don't they come from the factory like that? What is your opinion of the ride stiffness now with the springs?
[/b]
yeah will definitely know more next weds.....

i actually pm'd Toyoguy about my setup and he said it was a good combo but i might have to roll my rears, which i dont know what i am gonna do if i have to....maybe rent the tool and have the tuner shop do it...

thanks for the compliment, they should come from the factory like that, save us some money that way :)

Well on the short 20 min ride back home from the shop i felt an immediate difference, especially in turning, much better....Once i drive it some more i can give you a better idea, it is going to sit until i can get it aligned, dont want to damage anything....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Looks good!!!!
Now you need 18" Volks to compliment the drop... :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I tell you a nice lil drop like that sure sets the 6 off, I wish the "Sport" package came with those springs.

two words for the filler door, Black Chrome!!

So... I've been looking at the same springs and was wondering..............
While it handles better (which is a great thing), how much stiffer is the ride. Does it feel about the same as stock over normal road imperfections or do they transmit a noticeable amount more "shock"?

Thanks,
z

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tell you a nice lil drop like that sure sets the 6 off, I wish the "Sport" package came with those springs.

two words for the filler door, Black Chrome!!

So... I've been looking at the same springs and was wondering..............
While it handles better (which is a great thing), how much stiffer is the ride. Does it feel about the same as stock over normal road imperfections or do they transmit a noticeable amount more "shock"?

Thanks,
z
[/b]
for the small amount of time i drove it yesterday i would have to say not much diff than stock.... maybe someone else who has had them on for a while can chime in.... i can give a better answer once i drive it more next week....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
wow are those 16" wheels??? Mine doesn't look like it has that much gap... but I could be wrong tho.. lol

looks good lowered tho!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Nice drop. With your new rims, its gonna look sweeet!
btw, how'd the MAFci install go?

---Aloha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts