Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I don't know who else is getting it but I think Hillmar and Awong124 are getting it? You guys have ordered it right? I'm planning on ordering it tomorrow and if you guys can wait that long we should do the install together (or is it easy and not worth it) :D that's if you guys want to.. hehe

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sounds good to me, but hopefully awong hasn't started because I know he got his already!

·
Registered
457 Posts
The MS6 Sport Shifter is pretty easy, but a group install would be cool. I put mine on last week - broke one of the plastic parts the brass bolt goes through (you'll see what i'm talking about) because I was a dumbass and tried hitting the bolt with a hammer to remove the locking-washing, but I fixed it with JB weld. In either way, doing it together will be fun - live and learn that dremel's rock. All in all it took me an hour at most, including drying time for the JB weld.

I'm far from your club, but as no one else posted about it I figured I would mention about the ease.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I read both provided and M6club instructions, and I had no problem with the Dremel. My guess is the guy from M6club (and I could be wrong) had no idea how to properly use a dremel, or what cutting bits to use. I did the dremeling in under 5 minutes, used 2 bits - and the first one was halfway dead to begin with and did 3/5 of the work.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm I don't have a dremel.. anyone have one?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I do.

You can either come pick it up from me, or schedule the group install for a date when I can come help out.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Mine isn't exactly a "Dremel" either... its the Mastercraft version. But, I've used Dremel cutting discs on it, so for all sorts and purposes, its a Dremel to me.

Rotozip should work fine too.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet just ordered it!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Alright Tony and Aidan, I've just received mines today and once yours rolls in Tony lets get a meet going to do the fender roll and our short shifter install! :D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine's scheduled to arrive on the 9th. When's the roll meet?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
What time on the 9th? Thursdays afternoons evenings are perfect for me...

... reason I ask it that we can have the fender rolling meet at the same time.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I won't be able to pick it up until friday or saturday since no one is at home when it's delivered so I'll have to grab it from the post office.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Well, I can do Thursday, Friday and Sat evenings... and Sunday all day.

Mon to Wed are not possible at all.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Wow, haven't been here in a few days and now u guys are installing all sorts of stuff.

I'd like come and check out what the short shifters feel like... I pretty much like the stock feel now cause I think its just right, but a shorter throw could have its benefits :drive:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts