Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has any one else fitted the MS short shift to a right hand drive car?

I have just fitted it to a 2.3 UK sport 5 speed and would like to thank every one for the "HOW TO GUIDE" which was a big
help.

I have one problem when you move the gear lever over to the right to engage reverse the new gear lever is hitting the
centre consol. By removing some plastic from the bottom of the gear lever cover and some metal from the alloy block it
just goes in to gear.

Has any one else had this problem?

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I ran into problem with installing the TWM short shifting gear setup for my right hand drive MPS6 due to its design with left hand drive car in mind, hence the lever is angle toward the left of the car and causing the machinism to obstruct the reverse gear to engage ( the reverse for the MPS/SPEED 6 is left top with press down to engage ). But later TWM modify the lever for me and it is all fine.

But your case is totally different I guess. May be a pic or two may help to show what the problem is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply M6Gr8,

I think I am sorted now by removing a bit more metal from the alloy block it's now going into reverse
ok. I am very happy with the feel of the shift and am looking forward to driving it over the next few weeks
to get use to it.

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Ian mazda
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing