Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been searching and searching and I cant realy get a definate answer..

I have a 6i sedan and want to know if the hatch ms springs will look right. I know the 6s sedan guys use the ms hatch springs and it looks perfect. Will it be the same for the 6i? or are the ms hatch springs (up front) the one used on for 6S?...any one experience ms hatch springs on a 6i? or 6i guys use ms 6i sedan springs and not have that notorious sag.
.. I would like the higher springs rates of the ms hatch but i dont want that rear end sag. any help will do. Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
there's a post on that
a sticky
philter did that
and a 6i with sedan springs
I have no idea either, I ordered hatch springs for my 4cyl hatch which is designed to be the right springs

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ive got mazdaspeed sedan springs on my sedan and the rear end sags a little, it may just be because i have alot of audio in the trunk though. I wouldve bought the hatch springs if i knew they made them for the 4cyl, i thought only v6 has a choice between hatch and sedan springs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey refire, do u have a custom header back for the your car? how did u like the power removing the cat?
...edit..actually got the answer... I checked out ssautochrome.com and they dont have an application for our car..

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,569 Posts
Argh! I got the hatch springs but I have the 4cyl sedan. Oh well it should be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Argh! I got the hatch springs but I have the 4cyl sedan. Oh well it should be fine.
[/b]
... try to get a pic after u install it.. Im willing to wait a lil to see how it looks like.. If u cant get a pic.. at least tell us if it looks good or not

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
... try to get a pic after u install it.. Im willing to wait a lil to see how it looks like.. If u cant get a pic.. at least tell us if it looks good or not
[/b]
It's being installed on 12/15 and I'm picking the car up on the 18th or 19th. I will take pics.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The hatch springs do include the front springs for the V6. So you are gonna have a noticeable gap up front it you put hatch springs on a 6i hatch. Like wise if you put on the 6i sedan springs, you'll have some sag in the rear from the extra weight. I had to buy both sets, 6i sedan springs and hatch springs, to mix and match for the right drop. Then I sold my mazdaspeed v6 sedan springs.

Cause there are two different springs for both front and rear. They make fronts for I4 and V6 and rears for sedan or hatch/wagon. But they don't sell an I4 front with hatch rear. Why I don't know, sounds like another stupid thing from mazda.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
The hatch springs do include the front springs for the V6. So you are gonna have a noticeable gap up front it you put hatch springs on a 6i hatch. Like wise if you put on the 6i sedan springs, you'll have some sag in the rear from the extra weight. I had to buy both sets, 6i sedan springs and hatch springs, to mix and match for the right drop. Then I sold my mazdaspeed v6 sedan springs.

Cause there are two different springs for both front and rear. They make fronts for I4 and V6 and rears for sedan or hatch/wagon. But they don't sell an I4 front with hatch rear. Why I don't know, sounds like another stupid thing from mazda.
[/b]
good idea for 6i hatch and MS springs. best to then sell "sedan spring set" to 6s atx for minimal rear sag.

I calculated some weight distributions from mazda's weight spec's, with calc'd ratio matching C&D 04 mtx wagon measurments:

FR/RR
model ........ mtx ........ atx

6S sedan ... 60/40 .... 61/39
6S hatch .... 58/42 .... 59/41

6i sedan .... 57/43 .... 58/42
6i hatch ..... 55/45 .... 56/44

6S wagon .. 58/42 .... 59/41

the RB 6i front and wagon rear may also work for 6i hatch, esp with box or people in rear.

-------------

MS uses linear fronts on the V6, progressive rears on all sedans, and linear rears for the hatch/wagon. ALL RB springs are linear.

------------

For 6i sedan, consider other non-us made springs, designed just for the 4 banger, like tanabe 210GF.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the gf210's actually. I had them on my spec-v.. I like the higher spring rate they have.. I just like to get something linear if i can. Thats why i was interesting in the MS hatch springs for the 6i sedan. I guess ill wait to see how lapis' looks like.

... also i called skunk and they told me their spring rates are 8kg/6kg...which is very good if its true. They aslo told me it lowers 1.3/ 1.5....That threw me off..cause it should never lower more in the rear than the front.....if the rates are true though, that would be the highest off the shelf rates ive heard for this car..

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I like the gf210's actually. I had them on my spec-v.. I like the higher spring rate they have.. I just like to get something linear if i can. Thats why i was interesting in the MS hatch springs for the 6i sedan. I guess ill wait to see how lapis' looks like. [/b]
If you search a username '2poor4ms6' he has hatch springs on his sedan, but his is a V6 and mine's a 2.3 so it may look different when done.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

[/b]
Nice.... any pics of your setup? This is the ideal setup for a 6i hatchback but requires buying 2 sets of springs, which some people wouldnt want to drop the cash for that.......

Ive got mazdaspeed sedan springs on my sedan and the rear end sags a little, it may just be because i have alot of audio in the trunk though. I wouldve bought the hatch springs if i knew they made them for the 4cyl, i thought only v6 has a choice between hatch and sedan springs?
[/b]
The hatchback/wagon springs were designed for the V6. However the rears would work on the 6i hatchback.......... unfortunately Mazda does not sell the combo together.

[/b]
Im also looking for pics as I am curious how they settle and look.......

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
[/b]
6i and 6s both have about same rear axle weight, so rear drop will be same as 6S sedan with hatch springs. But 6S is about 200 lbs heavier on front wheels, so expect only about 1/2 the drop up front, and likely slight rear droop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah those dont look too bad.. The fronts have a lil more gap then the rears but way better then some others ive seen. Ill still wait to see what it looks like on a 6i sedan rather then a hatch. If it looks real good ill pay the extra money and get them,cause ive been looking at pics of tanabe gf210 on a 6i sedan and they look great...also i know their good cause ive had them on my spec-v..the best choice i made for off the shelf springs.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
so what happened? did you install your springs yet??
[/b]
I've had some delays, so mine aren't done yet. I hope to get them done next month though. ;) I will definitely post pics as soon as they're on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts