Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i come out of the movie Olympus Has Fallen (great movie btw) and get in my 2014 Mazda 6 GT about to drive home. All of a sudden I notice a message on the info gage that reads FOW AND MRCC RADAR BLOCKED in bright orange text...

I thought maybe something was in the way, so i looked, nothing there. Shut down and started her up again...same thing.

I drove it 8 miles home and decided to give the Mazda logo a nice wipe as this is where the radar is located and they say to keep in clean (makes sense). I took her for another ride and same thing, only this time cruis control popped on for a SPLIT second and went off again and gave me that warning.

Havent been able to get it to work since. Anyone else having issues with the radar?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: I took her for another random drive 30 minutes later and cruis control worked fine for a few minutes then all of a sudden the "radar blocked" error came out.

Maybe it's just a loose connector or something. It works on and off... It's weird.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got that option for free when I bought the GT model. I took it in today to get looked at...it was the dealers FIRST 2014 Mazda6 so they seemed a little clueless. They said the problem was "red flagged" from Mazda meaning they either knew about the issue, or knew how to fix it. The dealer said they needed more time to give it a test drive since it didnt throw any codes.

They gave me a rental car under warranty and will call me when its ready....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel a little silly now...

The technicians ended up getting codes that indicated "dirt on the sensor(s)" so they wiped it off with soap and water and I guess its working (havent picked it up yet but thats what they tell me).

I did give it a clean before I went to the dealer, but without thinking I cleaned it with detail spray which im sure left some sort of haze or residue that affected the sensor.

My bad on this one....but for anyone else out there, make sure to wash it with soap and water only!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Wow, seems like a pain in the butt to always have it clean when drive to prevent this error from coming on. In the snow belt areas this would pop up all the time when snow/salt is on the roads. A small spray bottle of glass cleaner and a rag in the glove box is a band-aid fix

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel a little silly now...

The technicians ended up getting codes that indicated "dirt on the sensor(s)" so they wiped it off with soap and water and I guess its working (havent picked it up yet but thats what they tell me).

I did give it a clean before I went to the dealer, but without thinking I cleaned it with detail spray which im sure left some sort of haze or residue that affected the sensor.

My bad on this one....but for anyone else out there, make sure to wash it with soap and water only!
OK well it turns out there IS a problem still...

I drove 30 miles to pick up the car after they cleaned the radar sensors. Not even out of the dealer parking lot the "radar is blocked" warning came up again.

I made sure not to turn the engine off so they could actually SEE the warning light...sure enough they saw it happen again and took it for a spin. After they came back they told me they gotta "call this one in." They gave me back my loaner and after more than halfway back home, they called me saying they talked to mazda and there IS a malfunction with the radar system on 15 cars but something tells me it might affect more than that.

They had to order me a new radar system and aernt sure when its going to come in because the car is so new. So i drove back up to pick up my car and now I wait for them to call me when the part comes in....

Just makes me wonder what ELSE could be wrong. I need to ask him if my car is free of the check engine light glitch...

Just wanted to update you guy and let you know it doest seem to be an issue on some cars.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Good to know that is wasn't a dirty lens that caused it. I hope they can fix it fast for you. GL

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the information. Mine came on the other day, but it was snowing so I blamed it on that. I will have to keep an eye on that.
Also, i think the radar in the Mazda logo and the cameras in the rear view mirror work with each other...so if one is blocked, the car might say they are both block and vice versa.

Not 100% on that but the tech said something about the senors in the logo and the mirror work together...ill let you know the deal when it gets fixed!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Also, i think the radar in the Mazda logo and the cameras in the rear view mirror work with each other...so if one is blocked, the car might say they are both block and vice versa.

Not 100% on that but the tech said something about the senors in the logo and the mirror work together...ill let you know the deal when it gets fixed!
Now that you say that I believe it did say that the FOW and the MRCC were both not working or disabled.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok so i finally got my MRCC fixed...actually, the completely replaced it. The part was $1700 for a new radar system...didn't have to pay of course but good to know.

Also, they mistakenly left their own service paperwork inside my car explaining how to calibrate the radar once installed, pretty interesting if anyone is interested i can scan it in.

After a quick test on the way back from the dealer the MRCC is now working fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All of a sudden I notice a message on the info gage that reads FOW AND MRCC RADAR BLOCKED in bright orange text...

Anyone else having issues with the radar?
Chalk up another incidence! Just hit 1,000 miles on the car. Got this warning on and off several times on my way home from work today. The car is pretty dirty because it has been raining and snowing for the past week. I'll see if it repeats after a wash, and if so, back to the dealer it goes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just happened to me. I'm at 7500 miles (yes I know). Had a long trip this weekend. It worked fine on the way there. On the way back it beeped a warning. FOW/MRCC needs inspection and a warning light. I couldn't use CC at all!!! That sucked because I got a speeding ticket :(

Car is at the dealer now. I told them about this post but they were trying to act like they don't know what's up.

thanks for the heads up!!!! This is why this forum rocks :)

I'm in a loaner car and I miss my baby already....

1 - 20 of 56 Posts