Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Replying to Topic 'MR2 vs Jetta'

I just dont get that video... it looked like the MR2 driver had already shifted and was declutched (or clutched, whatever). it looks like it should have been a powerslide gone out of control but I dunno... it doesn't *sound* like he was on the power at all... In fact you can see his brake lights are lit up... It just looks like he turned intentionally... very weird.

-Alt

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I think that guy did never drive before. He must have been 14 years old. I feel sorry for the VW-owner, although it was "just" a VW...thank goodness it wasn't a 6...!:D

·
Registered
514 Posts

That goes beyond never driving before IMO. It really looks like he did it intentionally.

-Alt

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I was thinking about this, and have a possible conclusion. As a former MR2 owner, I know exactly how the car drives.

Perhaps he attempted to let off the gas and swing / slide the rear around into a U-turn. The car wasn't going fast enough to totally break the back end free and slide it around, so the car began to turn, then gripped and went straight (into the Jetta).

That's my only guess. It does almost look intentional when he does it.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Ive been looking at it more. It looks like the car did start to rotate a bit (what, no VLSD?) and then he declutched the car and braked... but then too much was going on for his inexperienced ass to remember to TURN AWAY FROM THE PARKING LOT. I mean really... people with that little defensive driving instinct should not even think of streetracing (not that anyone should streetrace PERIOD).

Take it to the track, or a far less populated area... jeez.

-Alt

·
Registered
514 Posts

...and instead of spending $1500 on a new bodykit and paint, spend that cash on racing school. No mod will make you go faster than racing school.

-Alt

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by Altersys

...and instead of spending $1500 on a new bodykit and paint, spend that cash on racing school.  No mod will make you go faster than racing school.

-Alt[/b]
If he was intelligent enough to do that, the incident may never have happened...in more ways than one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts