Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 451 Posts

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I figured it was about time for me to start a build thread. I picked up my 07 6S GT 5 door in September 2011 as a birthday present to myself!!

On to the mods​

Suspension-Brakes-Rubber
- Mazdaspeed coilovers
- Mevotech endlinks
- Bright blue calipers
- Roto-Tech Zinc embedded rotors & Hawk HPS pads up front
- Roto-Max Zinc plated rotors & Hawk HPS pads out back
- 18x8 ET 40 VIP RG-1's wrapped in Potenza RE760's

Lighting
- Blue lensed fogs
- Angel eyes
- LED rear reflectors
- Cool white full LED swap
- White cargo area LED's
- Red LED footwells (dual color in progress)
- CAR_LED tails

Inside-Audio
- Badged aluminum pedals
- OEM alarm shock sensor
- OEM all weather floor mats
- OEM carpeted cargo mat
- Silver painted accents
- Ralco short shifter
- AutoExe CF shift knob
- DIY AUX cable
- Two 10" Rockford Fosgate subs powered by a 500watt mono-block Rockford Fosgate amp & a 1.0 farad capacitor

Outside
- Smoked license plate covers
- Debadged rear & evil M
- Hella horns
- Blue D1 spec open end lugs
- JDM window visors
- Stubby CX-7 antenna
- 03-05 sport body conversion
- BR lip
- AE grille
- Nightshaded side markers
- Door guard delete
- Plasti-dipped mirror covers

Under The Hood
- Injen CAI w/hydroshield sock
- CP-E MAFci
- 3.7L TB upgrade
- MSD ignition coils
- EGR reroute & optimization
- NGK Iridium plugs
- 88 Duro AWR RMM
- NRG polished hood struts
- Painted engine cover
- Engine dress up bolt kit
- Silver Greddy CF diversion panel
- Magnaflow cat-back exhaust
- DEKA 9AGM48 glass mat battery

Mods to come yet​
- Redline goods shifter boot
- MSDS headers
- Remaing AWR engine mounts
- Strut tower brace
- Rear sway var
- Integrated fogs
- Projector retrofit
- Build custom box for subs

I'm sure there are more things which I am planning to do but that's all I got for right now. Onto some pics!!

This is a pic from just a few days after I picked it up.

Pictures as it has progressed....

Couldnt resist the winter wonderland pic.

CAR_LED tails :drool:

JDM window visors installed :cool:

Hood dampers & Greddy diversion panel

Coilovers installed

Thanks for looking people! Please leave your feedback.

·
Super Moderator
17,069 Posts
Finally a build thread from you! :D:D

Looking nice man, and I love the trunk layout :)

·
Super Moderator
17,069 Posts
Glacier silver FTMFW!!!

I'm wanting to make a custom box which fits snug between the wheel wells so it doesn't slide around during spirited driving on curvy roads :D
All I can say is: Industrial strength velcro tape from Home Depot and that baby won't slide around if you're drifting (trust me, I used to in my crappy corolla lol) - I ripped the rug out of it's bolts before the box moved an inch.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
looking good broski good pics. i was actually going to do one too but ya beat me to it. ive been too busy. only thing i can point out is the mats man there dirty as fuck:eek:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Please elaborate Riki, keeping in mind that removing the subs is not an option :D
Did you look at my system build thread? I've mentioned it in other threads too, but I have a 15" sub in an infinite baffle behind the back seats. The trunk is the "box", or if you open the trunk then the cabin would be the box...

But basically there's just a baffle holding the sub(s) and the trunk and cabin are sealed from each other so theoretically, the front wave and back wave will never meet (same concept as a sealed box, without the spring/compression action).

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you look at my system build thread? I've mentioned it in other threads too, but I have a 15" sub in an infinite baffle behind the back seats. The trunk is the "box", or if you open the trunk then the cabin would be the box...

But basically there's just a baffle holding the sub(s) and the trunk and cabin are sealed from each other so theoretically, the front wave and back wave will never meet (same concept as a sealed box, without the spring/compression action).
I have not seen your system build thread no. I am quite interested to see it now though. This may be something worth considering.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have not seen your system build thread no. I am quite interested to see it now though. This may be something worth considering.
It's just on the last few pages.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The car looking mint man!

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Riki your set-up looks totally killer!! When the time finally arrives to revamp the current set-up the infinite baffle is something that will get serious consideration.

chris thanks a lot dude I'm looking forward to checking out your custom exhaust you made up :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Riki your set-up looks totally killer!! When the time finally arrives to revamp the current set-up the infinite baffle is something that will get serious consideration.
Just start a thread in the electronics section whenever you're ready and I'll try to help you out with whatever you try to do.

·
Super Moderator
17,069 Posts
Just start a thread in the electronics section whenever you're ready and I'll try to help you out with whatever you try to do.
^^ 'Cuz he's awesome like that.

You know me, I'll probably throw my 1.5 cents in there as well. I'm nowhere near Riki but I've installed plenty of stereo systems in my time :)

1 - 20 of 451 Posts