Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i would like to purchase the Mr Grille lower grille (3 pieces), but i'm not sure about the top. if i were to purchase the upper grille insert, is there a way that i can slap that behind the original grille instead of how the company placed it directly in front? has anyone done this? i think it would look much nicer in the back of the mazda symbol.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh wow, that looks very hot! that's exactly what mine is going to look like cause i have the sport sedan! same color as mine. i'm even going to be slapping on clear side markers once they arrive to my house sometime soon hopefully.

thanks for the link, i was curious to see how that grille looked off the color car that i have!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I can hardly wait until a company makes a replacement lower grill for the 06 model. Somebody on here was working on a homemade version, haven't heard any updates lately.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ugh, so impatient haha... but it will be worth the wait (couple of days).

i bet it looks amazing in person like you have said AzMz6!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
exactly. good things come to those who wait. :D
[/b]

Not really, just look at all the people that waited until 06 to buy a 6...

hehe, jk. :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and now i'm waiting on a few things i bought on ebay for my car too...

gonna feel like christmas once it all gets here haha!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have my Mr. Grille bottom inserts, and I am curious if anybody has had engine temp problems since installing the middle piece? It seems that it will restrict airflow to the engine compartment / radiator. Cant wait to get them on there, they look great on cars I have seen.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Make sure to throw up some pictures when you get it installed.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i've just finishing up my grille in the next couple of hours. I'm using a dremmel to grind out the fog light patches to get airflow to my intake. figured, if i'm gonna do the job once... might as well do one hell of a job and not have to go back down their later due to overheating haha. i'll post pictures later this week with my new grille, i'm liking how it looks already! :yesnod:

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Mr. Grill bottom billets look nice. I wasn't too impressed with the accompanying tie-wraps for the center installation. The screws for installing the side pieces didn't work either. It remains in place so far and no overheating problems.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also have the Mr. Grill bottom 3 piece....as mouse farts said, a few fitment probs....the lil screws provided were useless. i just zip-tied all three pieces on, and drilled big holes in the right one so my intake would get more air....overall, looks HOT!!! i think it looks best if you keep the sport grill...all the chrome matches very nicely

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haven't give you guys an update on the fitment and pros/cons of this grille... but figured i'd better do it now rather than never. First of all, the bolts and bolt brackets that come with the grille don't even come close to reaching the stock grille. Because of this, i had to go to a hardware store and find bolts that were skinny enough, but also much longer than the ones that came with the aftermarket grille in order to safely bolt them up to ensure my grille doesn't fall off. the bolt plates that came with the aftermarket grille seemed way too brittle (were very skinny and i felt they would brake because of expansion/contraction so i used nuts instead that were purchased at a hardware store.

i do like how the grille looks, especially if you have a great exterior look. the grille looks amazing when you see it in person, but when you see the grille in a picture... it just doesn't quite look the same. i've gotten alot of compliments on how my car looks with the grille! i think overall it is a great investment! haven't had any heat problems yet as i cut out a hole to allow for airflow to my intake. Also, i zip-tied the hell out of all my grilles just to make sure they don't fall off, and just for added protection, i glued to zip-tie ends so they don't slip around or off the line.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Hard to describe just how bummed I was to see that the center was held on by zip-ties, but seems to be working well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Whats so bad about zip-ties?!?!....you could fix every problem in the world with some zip-ties and duct tape......i zip-tied all three grills and their staying on fine!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts