Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After AEM’ CAI and re-installation of HKS BOV, it is now very jerky at 1000rpm – 1200rpm on 1st gear. It never happens before therefore I suspect there is some installation problem on either BOV or CAI. But I could not figure it out. It seems between 1000rpm – 1200rpm, the throttle open and close (a little bit) by itself in a pulse way. This results the car suddenly going forward then stop then forward again. Can someone point it out what could be the reason? Thanks heaps.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no big problem in driving, I DID NOT ruin anything! Only if you don't know what you are doing. Plz make some construtive comments.

·
Registered
358 Posts
There is no big problem in driving, I DID NOT ruin anything! Only if you don't know what you are doing. Plz make some construtive comments.
[/b]
This post seems to contradict your first ;)

But for the sake of being constructive, it sounds like a vacuum leak or disconnected sensor.

·
Registered
778 Posts
It could be the adjustment screw on the BOV. Are you running recirc?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, I am running re-cir. But HKS BOV doesn't require readjustment, correct? The car has no real problem at normal speed, just when traffic jam and when constantly have to remain 10km at 1st gear. You got to keep the rpm as low as 1000rpm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
After AEM’ CAI and re-installation of HKS BOV, it is now very jerky at 1000rpm – 1200rpm on 1st gear. It never happens before therefore I suspect there is some installation problem on either BOV or CAI. But I could not figure it out. It seems between 1000rpm – 1200rpm, the throttle open and close (a little bit) by itself in a pulse way. This results the car suddenly going forward then stop then forward again. Can someone point it out what could be the reason? Thanks heaps.
[/

My experience with CAI is that you lost power down on low RPM and gain in higher RPM range, The dyno chart on AEM's website shows the the RPM range from 2000 up to 6600 rpm with impressive gains. They dont show you whats below 2000 rpm which by looking at the dyno looks like a loss of power which is preety normal.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
you should have left the car alone . .you ruined it and now you have to live with it.
[/b]
What has this board become? This is the kind of post we accept around here now? If you don't want to hear about mods and troubleshooting, I suggest you don't come back to this site, or any other car enthusiast site for that matter. :sarc:

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
A Summary of the Mazdaspeed6 board

Something something
Issue
How can I tune this car that was made for a Different demographic not for tuners
Issue!!!
IModded the Hell outta my speed6 why is the dealer Not honoring my warranty BITCH!!!
Issue!!!!
<<Insert company here>> is making a new project for the speed6 rejoice it'll cost you!!!
Really? <<insert complains here>> Fuck you!!!! I'm not supporting it blah blah blah
ISSUE!!!!

Really .....What is the problem with Mazda....why do they keep messing up

·
Registered
305 Posts
A Summary of the Mazdaspeed6 board

Something something
Issue
How can I tune this car that was made for a Different demographic not for tuners
Issue!!!
IModded the Hell outta my speed6 why is the dealer Not honoring my warranty BITCH!!!
Issue!!!!
<<Insert company here>> is making a new project for the speed6 rejoice it'll cost you!!!
Really? <<insert complains here>> Fuck you!!!! I'm not supporting it blah blah blah
ISSUE!!!!

Really .....What is the problem with Mazda....why do they keep messing up
[/b]
What about the guy that made this initial post? He's just looking for some feedback or answers to his issue - the post certainly doesn't fall under the bull shit you took the time to type. If you want to post meaningless crap, start your own thread so you don't fuck up others who are using the forum for what it was intended.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your understanding mazda6guy and ManyMazdas!

·
Registered
358 Posts
you should have left the car alone . .you ruined it and now you have to live with it.
[/b]
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
856 Posts
[/b]
This is the second waste of a post from this guy I have seen today.

I agree sounds like a vacuum leak. Also, did you disconnect the battery after installing?

·
Registered
413 Posts
What about the guy that made this initial post? He's just looking for some feedback or answers to his issue - the post certainly doesn't fall under the bull shit you took the time to type. [/b]
actually, yes it does. And J Dragon's assesment of this message board is actually very accurate. You might want to check your facts before you start spewing your nonsense, Mr. "ManyMazdas"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts