• Single Income With Children

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Single Income No Children

• Dual Income No Children

• Dual Income With Children

MPS Demographic Poll (Revised) - Please participate!

3K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  strtfghtr 
#1 ·
If you read my responses to the original poll i mentioned why the results were misleading. As a marketer by trade i'm curious to find out the true demographic make up of Mazdaspeed6 owners on this board so i started a revised poll.

Please note this poll is for owners of the Mazdaspeed6 only. International members please participate. Please do not vote if you own a I4 or V6 as this will throw off the results (this happend in the original poll). Thanks.

#3 ·
I'm actually a little surprised so far...more younger 20s guys then i thought

#4 ·
it's hard for me to put much in there that's accurate since i am a full time student with no real income. my next year and my current year earnings are (hopefully) much much different.

#5 ·
Now I don't want this to sound like a jerk statement but is there a specific reason the 100K + people bought the MS6 instead of a fancier car w/ more options BMW, S4, etc?

I know the MS6 is a great deal but is it more because they have an affinity for mazdas or is there something else?

#6 ·
Now I don't want this to sound like a jerk statement but is there a specific reason the 100K + people bought the MS6 instead of a fancier car w/ more options BMW, S4, etc?

I know the MS6 is a great deal but is it more because they have an affinity for mazdas or is there something else?
[/b]

I'm more curious about the ones who make a low wage and managed to purchase one.... 15k and below, wow.

#7 ·
I'm more curious about the ones who make a low wage and managed to purchase one.... 15k and below, wow.
[/b]
mommy and daddy

#9 ·
I'm shocked how many of the people make that much money on this sight. Mazda is not the norm for the upper class. But if they like they buy it i guess. I got it for the back seat (kids) and the nice looks. O and the f'n balls this car has.
[/b]
Your car came with balls?!

What kind? Basketballs, baseballs, golfballs?....I knew my dealer was holding ot on me...that jerk

:p

#10 ·
I voted. As someone said in the other poll. It's not hard for a married couple to exceed $100k+ I'm with the folks that are amazed at the number of youngin's buying a $25-30K car.

#11 ·
I voted. As someone said in the other poll. It's not hard for a married couple to exceed $100k+ I'm with the folks that are amazed at the number of youngin's buying a $25-30K car.
[/b]
I beleive the poll asked for individual income not per household

#12 ·
mommy and daddy
[/b]
Hey Now. I am one of the ones not making a lot (15K-29K). I can (hopefully) pay for the car and insurance out of my graduate stipend. If you don't live richly its doable. I wouldn't want to do it for more than my 2 years of grad school, but it can be done especially at the price the cars are selling for now. Full disclosure: My parents did help me out a ton with undergrad so I got out of it debt free. I guess you could say that is "mommy and daddy".

#13 ·
I make over 100K and I bought one. I commute over 75 miles a day. In a few years my car is beat up with lots of miles, even with it being in a garage and having been over mantained. It dosen't make sense to buy an M5 for 80K and have it worth almost nothing 5 years later. The MS6 is perfect for my commute, it's fast, comfortable enough, has AWD, and I dont have to worry every time I park it somewhere. I have done the expensive play toy with an every day beater before. I would rather have a nice but reasonable commuter car that I use every day, that I can throw away after 5 years and not feel guilty. My last commuter that I just replaced with the MS6 was a Contour SVT that now has over 150,000 miles and still runs strong. My son just got his permit and guess what he is learning on.

#14 ·
I beleive the poll asked for individual income not per household
[/b]
It does, you're right, but that's skewed as well because the 3rd question has "dual income with kids and dual income without kids options. You can't discount that because some folks on here can afford the MS6 because they're married with dual income.

#15 ·
Hey Now. I am one of the ones not making a lot (15K-29K). I can (hopefully) pay for the car and insurance out of my graduate stipend. If you don't live richly its doable. I wouldn't want to do it for more than my 2 years of grad school, but it can be done especially at the price the cars are selling for now. Full disclosure: My parents did help me out a ton with undergrad so I got out of it debt free. I guess you could say that is "mommy and daddy".
[/b]
well I commend you for getting a sweet ride on a limited income, I just know a good amount of people in college and highschool working part time/low income jobs and their parents bought them a nice car...nothing wrong with that when I was in school my parents paid for 1/2 my grand prix and I was damn appreciative.

#18 ·
well I commend you for getting a sweet ride on a limited income, I just know a good amount of people in college and highschool working part time/low income jobs and their parents bought them a nice car...nothing wrong with that when I was in school my parents paid for 1/2 my grand prix and I was damn appreciative.
[/b]
I just get a little touchy about it since a lot of people tend to assume that younger people are only able to afford nice things because their parents bought them. I too have gotten A TON of help from my parents that I am VERY appreciative for. However, I also busted my ass in undergrad to get grad school paid for + stipend and have been working since I was 14 so was able to put down a sizeable chunk on the car. I am very ready to join the ranks of the much more gainfully employed in the not too distant future though.

#19 ·
why does it have to be GUYS? :irate: :D
[/b]
lol I thought about this when I wrote that but I figured it would only be speedgal yelling at me. I didn't realize there were more ladies on here. My sincerest apologies :bowdown:

#24 ·
some of us live in our speed6's so we can afford payments and insurance :p

#25 ·
Some of us live where if you make $100k, you're darn near rich.` :nana:

#26 ·
It does, you're right, but that's skewed as well because the 3rd question has "dual income with kids and dual income without kids options. You can't discount that because some folks on here can afford the MS6 because they're married with dual income.
[/b]
the results aren't skewed. They just aren't cross tabulated. The most common mistake a reader will make is to look at the results and assume the top results are all linked. ie. 20-24 year olds make $59K per year and are single with no children. This would be an error. Without cross tabulating the results, you should only look at each question independent of the other answers.

However if i had to predict cross tabulation results and draw conclusions from them, from what I can see so far and what I know about consumer behaviour... :squint:

The bulk of 20-24 year olds are recent grads who just got their first meaningful full-time paycheque. This allows them to finally live out their 274HP boy hood dreams and personally lease or finance a car in the low $30's while still being able to buy groceries and make rent. They probably account for most of the sub $44K results with a high propencity to spend both disposable and non-disposable income as they are not thinking heavily about families and their financial future. :cheers:

The next largest group, 25-29 year olds are probably on their second or third job and made some moves up in the world. Finally starting to make the money they deserve and maybe buying the car outright or can afford a short term lease. probably account for the bulk of the $45K-$59K respondants. They suffered through the pains of an entry level econo box right out of school and are rewarding themselves with a nice little toy that still leaves room in the wallet. spending only disposable income and starting to invest the rest. :cool:

The next largest group, 30-34 year olds, are starting to get married but still have the urge for speed. are probably an even mix of $45-$79K earners. kids if any are very young so they aren't feeling it too much in the wallet yet. :thumbup:

The next group, 35-40 year olds, is very small. married with kids they are making enough to move into a larger house but have to shell out for school related expenses. Add the fact that you have to pay for his and her cars and a larger mortgage makes the econo box and mini van more practical choices. :thumbdn:

Then we see a spike at 40-49 year olds. kids already out of the house means more disposible income. a couple of grey hairs 20 years of work experience, entitle you to make $80K+. The mini van is useless and the urge for speed has come back. so along with the harley, your three door garage also houses an MPS and maybe a roadster for the wife. :bowdown:

how bout that for some mind reading? (I could be off but i had to try.) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.