• Dual Income With Children

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you read my responses to the original poll i mentioned why the results were misleading. As a marketer by trade i'm curious to find out the true demographic make up of Mazdaspeed6 owners on this board so i started a revised poll.

Please note this poll is for owners of the Mazdaspeed6 only. International members please participate. Please do not vote if you own a I4 or V6 as this will throw off the results (this happend in the original poll). Thanks.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm actually a little surprised so far...more younger 20s guys then i thought

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
it's hard for me to put much in there that's accurate since i am a full time student with no real income. my next year and my current year earnings are (hopefully) much much different.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Now I don't want this to sound like a jerk statement but is there a specific reason the 100K + people bought the MS6 instead of a fancier car w/ more options BMW, S4, etc?

I know the MS6 is a great deal but is it more because they have an affinity for mazdas or is there something else?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Now I don't want this to sound like a jerk statement but is there a specific reason the 100K + people bought the MS6 instead of a fancier car w/ more options BMW, S4, etc?

I know the MS6 is a great deal but is it more because they have an affinity for mazdas or is there something else?
[/b]

I'm more curious about the ones who make a low wage and managed to purchase one.... 15k and below, wow.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm more curious about the ones who make a low wage and managed to purchase one.... 15k and below, wow.
[/b]
mommy and daddy

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm shocked how many of the people make that much money on this sight. Mazda is not the norm for the upper class. But if they like they buy it i guess. I got it for the back seat (kids) and the nice looks. O and the f'n balls this car has.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm shocked how many of the people make that much money on this sight. Mazda is not the norm for the upper class. But if they like they buy it i guess. I got it for the back seat (kids) and the nice looks. O and the f'n balls this car has.
[/b]
Your car came with balls?!

What kind? Basketballs, baseballs, golfballs?....I knew my dealer was holding ot on me...that jerk

:p

·
Registered
967 Posts
I voted. As someone said in the other poll. It's not hard for a married couple to exceed $100k+ I'm with the folks that are amazed at the number of youngin's buying a $25-30K car.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I voted. As someone said in the other poll. It's not hard for a married couple to exceed $100k+ I'm with the folks that are amazed at the number of youngin's buying a $25-30K car.
[/b]
I beleive the poll asked for individual income not per household

·
Registered
11 Posts
mommy and daddy
[/b]
Hey Now. I am one of the ones not making a lot (15K-29K). I can (hopefully) pay for the car and insurance out of my graduate stipend. If you don't live richly its doable. I wouldn't want to do it for more than my 2 years of grad school, but it can be done especially at the price the cars are selling for now. Full disclosure: My parents did help me out a ton with undergrad so I got out of it debt free. I guess you could say that is "mommy and daddy".

·
Registered
62 Posts
I make over 100K and I bought one. I commute over 75 miles a day. In a few years my car is beat up with lots of miles, even with it being in a garage and having been over mantained. It dosen't make sense to buy an M5 for 80K and have it worth almost nothing 5 years later. The MS6 is perfect for my commute, it's fast, comfortable enough, has AWD, and I dont have to worry every time I park it somewhere. I have done the expensive play toy with an every day beater before. I would rather have a nice but reasonable commuter car that I use every day, that I can throw away after 5 years and not feel guilty. My last commuter that I just replaced with the MS6 was a Contour SVT that now has over 150,000 miles and still runs strong. My son just got his permit and guess what he is learning on.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I beleive the poll asked for individual income not per household
[/b]
It does, you're right, but that's skewed as well because the 3rd question has "dual income with kids and dual income without kids options. You can't discount that because some folks on here can afford the MS6 because they're married with dual income.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey Now. I am one of the ones not making a lot (15K-29K). I can (hopefully) pay for the car and insurance out of my graduate stipend. If you don't live richly its doable. I wouldn't want to do it for more than my 2 years of grad school, but it can be done especially at the price the cars are selling for now. Full disclosure: My parents did help me out a ton with undergrad so I got out of it debt free. I guess you could say that is "mommy and daddy".
[/b]
well I commend you for getting a sweet ride on a limited income, I just know a good amount of people in college and highschool working part time/low income jobs and their parents bought them a nice car...nothing wrong with that when I was in school my parents paid for 1/2 my grand prix and I was damn appreciative.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well I commend you for getting a sweet ride on a limited income, I just know a good amount of people in college and highschool working part time/low income jobs and their parents bought them a nice car...nothing wrong with that when I was in school my parents paid for 1/2 my grand prix and I was damn appreciative.
[/b]
I just get a little touchy about it since a lot of people tend to assume that younger people are only able to afford nice things because their parents bought them. I too have gotten A TON of help from my parents that I am VERY appreciative for. However, I also busted my ass in undergrad to get grad school paid for + stipend and have been working since I was 14 so was able to put down a sizeable chunk on the car. I am very ready to join the ranks of the much more gainfully employed in the not too distant future though.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
why does it have to be GUYS? :irate: :D
[/b]
lol I thought about this when I wrote that but I figured it would only be speedgal yelling at me. I didn't realize there were more ladies on here. My sincerest apologies :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts