Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who are curious about the stereo: I picked up a Mazda 6 options brochure and it looks like there will be an MP3 player available for the car. Don't have a price yet but I do have part numbers for the player and panel: GJ6B-79-BGXF and GJ6B-79-AGXB.

-Alt

·
Registered
176 Posts
Replying to Topic 'MP3 player part numbers here'

Nice piece of info.

We have to check it out though if it will be available in Europe too.

God, I just hope Internet will make all this "unification" process quicker ... :D
They've made them for now in the same place ... why can't you order anything anywhere???
MArketing :p ... pfffshhhhit

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I sure hope it is available soon as well. I think it would solve a lot of owners' needs in terms of wanting to replace the head unit but not wanted to screw up the interior of the car, let alone eliminating the display functions as well as the steering wheel control functions.

I'm pretty sure the head unit should be a simple one to tie in line-level outputs to. Recently Bose systems have been using line levels to amplifiers mounted in the doors for simplicity. That would be nice.

-Alt

·
Registered
305 Posts

Anyone know if the MP3 player can go in "slot 2," or if it has to replace the standard CD player?

It'd be nice to have the Bose 6CD *and* the MP3 player in the car. Otherwise, if you get the Bose, you then have to rip out the 6 CD player that you've already paid for...

Although I guess you could resell it to someone who bought the single-disc player.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Nope, it only goes in the cd player slot...

You could get MP3 and tape, or MP3 and MD (a nice combo, imo). But no MP3 and 6CD. The MP3 player will just use standard 5" CD-R/W media.

-Alt

·
Registered
41 Posts

So, the MP3 player is a single disc unit. Since we can get the 6 disc changer (I didn't even know there was a single disc unit); and the MP3 internals shouldn't occupy more room than a regular one, I assumed it was a MP3 6 disc changer. You can't have it all.
Has anyone got it, already? Does the ID3 tag show up in the dash panel? Can you change directories without going through all files? Does it sound ok, comparing with pressed cds?

·
Registered
41 Posts

Oh, and what about the line out? I was more into line In, in case I choose to go with the 6 disc changer and put a MP3 discman in the glove-box.

·
Registered
305 Posts

I don't think the MP3 player is available yet. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to get my 6... (Please let the June USA hatch release rumors be true... May would be even better.)

Yeah, what I'd really love to see is someone rig a line-in adapter for the built-in stereo. Then I could just drop my iPod in the glove compartment...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well, I'm hoping for line-out so it would be easy to set up a real audio system (screw the Blose speakers/amps). Line in I am not interested in, but I acknowledge that it would be a smart feature to have for a LOT of people. As long as I have MP3 capability I am happy.

-Alt

·
Registered
305 Posts

Just heard back from MazdaUSA -- the MP3 player should be available as a dealer-installable option sometime in March.

Cool. That gives me timing to shoot for... Wonder if you can sell a Miata in March in Vermont? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hello,

i'm from Germany and decide to buy a Mazda6 with CD-Radio and CD-charger.
I've never heard that a MP3 option is available. Now i've the idea to us a external solution: The Dension DMP3-B1 MP3 Player.
They also provide a CD/MD/Charger Adapter to connect to a Sony or Alpine Headunit.
It is not clear which manufacturer produce the audiosystem for the Mazda6 also connector and protocol.
When it's Sony or Alpine i will be very happy.

Can you help me?

rgds
Mcfish

·
Registered
37 Posts

Hello Guy´s

I´m a MAZDA-Dealer here in Germany.
I also very interested in the MP3 Option wich is offered from MAZDA.
Here i have many customers who want to have MP3 in ther new MAZDA6.
The Part-Numbers shown above are not new - i know this numbers now since over 3 Mont (since we build in the first CD-Changer into a standard-System).

I tryed to find out Price and delivery-Status - but MAZDA-GERMANY and also MAZDA-Europe are still not able to deliver this unit - at the Moment i have the Information that it will be availible in 04/05.2003 - with the new MAZDA2.

So i have ordered a sample-Unit of the Dension Dmp3 with the FM-Modulator because MAZDA don´t use a usual Sony or Alpine Cd-Changer-Protokoll and nobody have information about the "external connector" on the Head-Unit.

I will try it and post the Informations here !

CU

Axel

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: MP3 player part numbers here

I believe the head unit is made by Panasonic. There have been a couple of threads concerning this matter. Try the search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts