• FM transmitter device w/ MD player

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FM transmitter device w/ Nomad Jukebox

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide on best value MP3 device for new Mazda 6i ...

How good are the FM transmitter devices for the iPod or Sony MD Player?

I have a Nomad Jukebox with a car kit (cassette type) and auto power adapter and would really like to cut the cassette adapter cord out of the loop. I've seen an iRock FM adapter at Best Buy for $20. Does it work?

Mazda MSRP on the cassette player is $200 and $753 for the MiniDisc. Anyone seen MSRP on the MP3 player? I haven't filled slot 2 yet - still researching MD option.

Vote for the option you think has best value!

FYI to all ... Mazda 6i, premium pkg, 4-spd AT

Glacier Silver w/ black interior

1) 1980 Mazda 626 96K

2) 1986 Mazda RX-7 78K

3) 1988 Mazda MX-6 102K

4) 1992 Mazda Protege 110K

5) 1998 Mazda Protege 136K (still own)

6) 2003 Mazda 6

Yes, I like Mazda(s)

:D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'MP3 Player Cost vs best value?'

I'm not sure what to vote for until I see the price for the dealer installed MP3 player. I know Honda charges around $500 for their unit. Hopefully Mazda's won't be as stratospheric.

·
Registered
657 Posts

Do you have the in-dash changer? If you do, that might be your best bet. If not, get the aftermarket dash panel and a JVC KDSH909, which will match perfectly. That should run you $500 total, and it's arguably the best MP3 player out there. But hey, I thought I'd need the MP3 too, but I'm pretty happy with the 6 disc. 20 songs per disc, 120 songs in my dash, not TOO bad. And I'm keeping the Bose and installing a system around it to compete nationally.

·
Registered
683 Posts

Originally posted by Entropism

Do you have the in-dash changer?  If you do, that might be your best bet.  If not, get the aftermarket dash panel and a JVC KDSH909, which will match perfectly.  That should run you $500 total, and it's arguably the best MP3 player out there.  But hey, I thought I'd need the MP3 too, but I'm pretty happy with the 6 disc.  20 songs per disc, 120 songs in my dash, not TOO bad.  And I'm keeping the Bose and installing a system around it to compete nationally.[/b]
:p

Im not sure of the specs on The JVC, but If I cant get my Empeg in the car at some point....ill hav to pass on the car. The only downfall of the empeg is that theres no way to play a CD if you run to the store and buy it...have to wait till ya get home and rip it onto the Empeg..

Thats the empeg below the normal radio (this is my buddy's car not mine)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: MP3 Player Cost vs best value?

Anything that transmits through FM is going to give you a severe degrade in sound quality.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts