Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the wife and I will be heading down to Cedar Park to help a good friend with his growing church. We will probably be heading down around February-ish, but that can change. I just can't wait to get away from the rain.

If anyone knows of any decent job openings for either of us, let me know!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow what church? I go to Gateway in North Austin, and I was just curious if there was some freak coincidence.

Sorry I can't help with the Job opportunities.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Look forward to meeting you. I'll keep an eye open for job opportunities.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to cedar park!! I been living here for over 6 years. Love it!! It sure will be a huge change from Washington State for sure.

I know I said it once, but I'll say it again, Welcome :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I let my current employer know that I will be leaving sometime soon just a few minutes ago, so I am officially moving to Austin. I just don't know the exact date yet. I recieved a phone call today from a company in Austin, and they pre-screened me for an interview which I have next Friday. It looks like I might be coming down in February after all.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's official: I'm coming down. I was offered the position and I start on March 1st. My wife and I will be leaving Olympia, WA on the 20th and take a nice, leisurely drive down to Austin. We're planning on getting into town on the 24th.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's official: I'm coming down. I was offered the position and I start on March 1st. My wife and I will be leaving Olympia, WA on the 20th and take a nice, leisurely drive down to Austin. We're planning on getting into town on the 24th.[/b]
Congrats man. I'm a transplant myself, and I love Austin. The city has so much to offer.

Dave.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to cedar park!! I been living here for over 6 years. Love it!! It sure will be a huge change from Washington State for sure.

I know I said it once, but I'll say it again, Welcome :D[/b]
What's up guys! I lived in the Leander/Cedar Park area for 20 years and I'm now living in Round Rock. I hope to see you at a meet sometime!

Welcome, Awaken6!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Sounds to me like we need a mid-march Austin meet then? 6venom you want to set it up?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Mid March sounds good...it's been a busy February. I'll try to get some stuff posted soon.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I know 6venom golfs and I try to golf. I think we need to get at least a 4some together and hit the links.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I can't golf for shit, put-put maybe... thats about it. I would go for a meet up there with you guys though, just post the detials so i can get the time off from work.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I can't golf for shit, put-put maybe... thats about it. I would go for a meet up there with you guys though, just post the detials so i can get the time off from work.[/b]
You know if/when you're coming up for alarm install yet?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
No i still gotta call your boy and see whats up, is he pretty much available whenever or hes a pretty busy guy and i need to set an appt. ?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
No i still gotta call your boy and see whats up, is he pretty much available whenever or hes a pretty busy guy and i need to set an appt. ?[/b]
If he wants you to go through his shop officially it'll be an appointment thing. If it's an off the books type thing it'll probably be a weekend or an evening and shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I know 6venom golfs and I try to golf. I think we need to get at least a 4some together and hit the links.[/b]
Awesome idea! :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts