Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did'nt use the real digital movie cam, i used my digital cameras "movie function" which is pretty sucky, but it works. I had no destination today, so i targeted the nearest busstation and ran a simulation.

The movie is cut in serveral places, but the cut's does'nt seem to be visible all the time, but it'll have to do until next time! :)

http://www.katter.nu/ulf/mazda/m6-nearest-...-busstation.wmv

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Movie Clip of a Mazda Nav simulation'

Cool! Thanks.

Looks great, and I love the bzzzz sound when the screen comes up (which goes much faster than I would have expected it to)...:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to do that. That was great. I like that female voice too, though I doubt we'll get the same accent to go with it here in the States.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

i want!!! the screen is motorized also????? damn i wants!!!! does anyone know if we in the States can get one shipped over???
i will probably put a TV in there and do either PS2 or my DVD player in the car sumwhere and hook up the shit accordingly. don't sum DVD-ROM navigators play DVD movies???

·
Registered
322 Posts

Dude :D

I have gotta get me one of those :)

Wonder if they can be shipped out (to Australia) and fitted at the dealer's service department?

Mmmm.
-- Rainchild

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Do you want more movies from the navsystem? In that case i can take my DV cam and make a good movie whilst driving to demonstrate how it works in daylight someday this week.

·
Registered
322 Posts

That'd be sweet. Btw, can you tell us if the rumours of the nav visibility in daylight are true... some people said that it was too dark to see in sunlight.

-- Rainchild

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

i would like to get my lil navi place to raise up like that soo i can unviel a TV there. does anyone have a parts listing or price listing for the shit that is motorized????

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by Rainchild

That'd be sweet.  Btw, can you tell us if the rumours of the nav visibility in daylight are true... some people said that it was too dark to see in sunlight.

-- Rainchild[/b]
Have'nt seen that issue yet, but when i start the car ands its cold inside, in night mode, it fades so much is annoyingly weak first minute or two before its better.. but that has only happened when below -10 outside and i have'nt had the engineheater connected to the poweroutlet... but anyway, it's a little bit too dark when you drive in nightmode in my opinion. On daytime its pretty bright. Let me get back to you after testing in a very sunny day!

·
Registered
146 Posts

I have never considered Nav a necessity; but that is really cool. Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by WhoDiddy

i want!!! the screen is motorized also????? damn i wants!!!! does anyone know if we in the States can get one shipped over???[/b]
You could get it shipped over but then the Mazda techs here haven't been trained to install it, if it's even possible to install on a 6 not factory prep'd for it. And then even if you could get it installed you'd need US maps on a DVD that work with this system.
:( :(

One of Mazda's executives though said that they where definitely going to make NAV available in the future. :)

I did speak to a guy I know that's a tuner and he said there are motorized gadgets that are sold that he could probably rig to an LCD monitor to get the same functionality. Then you'd attach an aftermarket NAV system to it. It would be pretty pricey to do though.

I hope navigation is released by the time the hatch comes out.

·
Registered
11 Posts

COOL... Thanks for the video...

This navigation system rules. Especially the pop-up screen...

·
Registered
14 Posts

The Nav unit is factory fit only ~ no way it can be a retrofitted sadly... one thing thats strange is that as an option it's £1500 but... i priced up the pop up display/screen unit today and how much do you reckon it costs??!!:(
£3400!!!!! And thats without the dvd unit in the glovebox,the gps antenna hidden below the instrument binnacle,the remote contol hand set...etc :sarc
Am sure though that it will be offered as a global option! I've heard that the RX-8 will have nav as an option...;)

·
Registered
11 Posts

Strange thing is that everywhere the optional prices are different. In Holland we pay 1500 Euro for the same navigation (Panasonic 2300DV)

1£ = 1€ I don't think so...

I guess this navigation includes a NavTech map also, or doesn't it

TxD

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

If you want a NAV system over here in the US, you're better off being creative with an aftermarket...

*that statement neither implies nor assumes any responsibility to what you do to your car. :hoho

·
Registered
170 Posts

I have a friend that does custom car audio installations for a big company, and he is going to help me rig something up for a monitor in the hatch. Haven't gotten the car yet though, ordered it from the factory since I couldn't find any 6s's loaded in stock.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Cool! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

X

·
0 Posts

Cool clip..

Is navagation an option in the US? I am looking to prchase a Mazada 6 and was curious..
thanks,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts