Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
most real (corp.) muffler shops would have an issue doing anything with the midpipe due to the cat. big no no, but yeah, it would help to get a header back system done.

one question, sorta, sounds kinda weird to charge $100 to weld in 2 mufflers? i had a resonator welded in the mini and it was $10, and took maybe 5 minutes. i went in for turboback 3" (no muffler, just straight pipes) out to 2 tips and it was $145?

i do agree that on the 6i, you'd be better off going custom than dropping a lot of $ on a kit unless you want the bling factor.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most real (corp.) muffler shops would have an issue doing anything with the midpipe due to the cat. big no no, but yeah, it would help to get a header back system done.

one question, sorta, sounds kinda weird to charge $100 to weld in 2 mufflers? i had a resonator welded in the mini and it was $10, and took maybe 5 minutes. i went in for turboback 3" (no muffler, just straight pipes) out to 2 tips and it was $145?

i do agree that on the 6i, you'd be better off going custom than dropping a lot of $ on a kit unless you want the bling factor.
[/b]
wow, $10 to weld in a resonator?

$100 was the cheapest I could find, they all quoted around $72-$85 in hourly rates, and one store suggested that it'd take approximately 1 hour per muffler.

can i ask where you got your work done?

nm about the midpipe, i think i'll leave the stock one in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
LapisM6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing