Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone relocated to the trunk? I can't seem to find any posts about it. It would be a decent improvement to do to the car. Bmw's come stock with them in the trunk on the right side. If you're going for optimal handling why wouldn't you. Any thoughts?
I probably will do it if i get bored enough.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
BMW is not the only one. Volvo also has the battery in the trunk on the S60 model. It's a great safety feature and also gets the battery away from the heat of the engine bay. I have not heard of any members relocating theirs, but, it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have a battery in both the front and the back. You need to get a solenoid in order to run the battery from the rear of the car...maybe mine is different because I have one running my audio system and the other running the car. This is just my experience with it...dont know if it helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wouldn't need a solenoid, just a place to put the + output up front. so long as you get a good ground in the rear you should only nee to run a + cable to the front.
the hardest part would be mounting it.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Don't forget that in the front, there are a lot of things grounded straight to the battery, not to the chasis, so you will need to reground those things

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 04 Saturn Ion also had the battery in the trunk. Makes lots of sense and was way easy to hook up my amps. No drilling through the firewall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
bolognajacob
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing