Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question... on the sport grill does the "moustache" part come off the same way the chrome one does on the other grille (basically 4 screws)? I have the chrome grill version and i was going to paint it. However, so far i just used black vinyl to cover it (mostly to see what it looks like first). Came out pretty good but you can tell that its kinda beat up under there from the road debris. If you look closely it's not entirely smooth, plus i'm no pro at laying vinyl :hoho: . Anyway I'm just trying to see if I can swap the upper moustache part from a black sports grill. I like the matching grill area with the lower ones. Possibly just another route versus paint my existing one. If it is removeable, anyone know if it is available as a seperate service part?

here is a pic of my front with the vinyl tape.

·
Registered
815 Posts
yeah the sport grill is one piece. if you like the grill thats currently on then spray painting it yourself is an option if u dont want to spend much otherwise youre looking at around 40 or 50 to get it painted by a body/paint shop.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, thanks. I just happen to walk by a car with the grill and noticed that the pieces looked similar so i figure i'd ask. :)

I'm thinking about painting it because i do like the look. But i've had a few painting adventures not turn out as good as i thought it would. I'm just not a patient person :blush: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
815 Posts
yeah i like the look too so i took off the grill and then unscrewed the moustache from the grill because it is held on to the grill by 4 screws i believe or something like that. i just took it to a paint/body shop and got it sprayed for around 45 bucks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
flavor saver??? :huh:
[/b]
must never reached puberty to grow one? it's called that because when you drink, your mustache acts as a sponge to absorb some of the killian red, thus rendering you to "savor" the flavor once you've stopped drinking minutes ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
skoobz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing