1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey, looking good! Thanks for the heads up. As far as my phone, I have the superior Blackberry :) jk I just throw my phone inside the door on the side handle, but I have a case for it. It works great unless you take alot of turns, then it bounces back and forth with the turning forces. If I know I'm going on some twists, I just throw it in a cup holder. The TomTom just goes on the windshield, but I hate cleaning the suction mounts but whatev. Great products for what you're looking for though, good R and D.... P.S. My maps better than yours, I've the Verizon network haha

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've experimented and the Kuda one is the optimal location in the gen2 Mazda6 for a smartphone, but I'm not in love with the bulk of it.

I'm waiting on ProFit to come out with something - they've been exceptional in the past.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Bump!

I was thinking about buying the proclip mount, specificity the one to the right of the shifter and was wondering anyone had purchased a car mount? If so which one, reviews, and pictures if possible..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought the Tomtom air vent clip on Ebay for $5 or something,(http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170622018558?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649) works perfectly! I am very happy with my buying. It fit perfectly, very stable. Also it is close to me so I can touch the screen. I put the cable ''semi'' hidden, it go from the GPS to the steering wheel area, it come back from the passanger side near the shifter and plug back to the 12V. In futur I want to hide it by tapping the 12V with a female 12V plug and plug the GPS. Hide everything in the shifter area. I did that on my previous car and it was awsome. Now here it is cold so I'll wait next spring. I can take pics if you want.

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Here are a couple of quick pictures I took of the mount:

View from the Driver's Seat:

View from the Passenger seat. The phone will also swivel so the passenger can use it.

I also plan on moving the wire behind that mount plate to hide it:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

My tomtom stand

·
Registered
65 Posts
pic of a panavise mount + panavise extension bracket with a XM radio and a really really old Garmin C580 :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts