Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a RMM with a durometer of 80-90, it got me thinking, has anyone ever just done a solid mount? Yea, i dont care about NVH, just wondering if anyone has. Im more than capable of welding one up and prob have the stuff laying around to make it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Had replaced the motor mounts on my previous Infiniti with a hockey puck and it wasn't that bad. But that car was way harsher than recent Mazda. Helped with making shifts less sloppy.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I filled the engine mounts on a 2001 civic si with polyurethane.
Shifted amazing with great hook up.
Nvh was not too bad.

Loved the shifting and throttle responsiveness.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I filled the engine mounts on a 2001 civic si with polyurethane.
Shifted amazing with great hook up.
Nvh was not too bad.

Loved the shifting and throttle responsiveness.
Yea i know about doing that, just thought if i was pulling it, maybe just going total solid.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been looking for aftermarket motor mounts (not an emergency, just browsing), and I can't find anything I like. Or really anything at all except this mount and a rear and trans mount by CS. Doesn't anyone make "hard rubber" mounts or whatever they're called? I used to get them for all my VWs back in the day.. they weren't polyurethane, but they were a harder rubber than stock and had more material overall connecting the bolt holes to the metal bracket. Was a perfect in-between to stiffen everything up but not be obnoxious.

I would love to have stiffer-than-stock mounts all over (not poly stiff), and then the polyurethane on the rear to help tighten up the shifting. That seems ideal. But also not possible atm lol.

*edit: I see the jbr ones have a 70 option (but that's also what the CS ones are; and CS has the trans mount too, I don't see one from jbr).

It also looks like there's no front mount. Just the rear, two sides, and a trans mount (or is it a rear, one side, and a trans mount?). Excuse my ignorance, still learning about these cars lol. In that case, I guess it makes sense to just upgrade the rear (and probably the trans mount?) since the side mounts probably don't take on too much stress and there's not a front mount. Sorry I hijacked the thread I'm just looking into options to tighten up the throttle response and shifting.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just the rear is what needs to be stiffened. Under $10 worth of goo to glue it yourself though. Or get the JBR one, CS doesnt make their stuff.

@WoodinvilleDan did a write up on it, i got the stuff for it last week but havent pulled it, or done the lower CA's yet though.

Also, im going to be making my own shifter end inserts, cause there is a LOT of slop in them by design and i dont like it. The shifter base itself inside the car is bolted right to the floor with no bushings, so i checked the cable ends and its rubber with spaces in it i guess for sloppy drivers to alleviate stress on the forks inside. This counts as mis-shifts to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts