Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys.....Whats the problem here?

Blue smoking coming out the exhaust and motor (passenger side)
Loud knocking noise...Oils good, everythings good to go.
It was so random I was making a complete stop with gear in neutral, as I'm close to 10km/h knocking noise starts happening out of no where! Than Oil light flashing for 2-4 seconds and engine shuts off on me....So now I'm stuck at the red light on the ramp...I quickly put hazards and check my oil and every liquids there are lol and everything is at good level...what the fark! I ended up driving it not even 1 km to the nearest gas station and got CAA to tow to my house.

.....This happen sat night.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds like an extreme case of bad piston rings with very low compression. Bad precat probably chewed up the rings. Loud knocking noise sounds like piston slap or could be bad rod bearings. Engine shut off is probably due to sudden low compression. How many miles on your car?

Man, I think I'm going to stop driving my car until I get headers.
Alright guys.....Whats the problem here?

Blue smoking coming out the exhaust and motor (passenger side)
Loud knocking noise...Oils good, everythings good to go.
It was so random I was making a complete stop with gear in neutral, as I'm close to 10km/h knocking noise starts happening out of no where! Than Oil light flashing for 2-4 seconds and engine shuts off on me....So now I'm stuck at the red light on the ramp...I quickly put hazards and check my oil and every liquids there are lol and everything is at good level...what the fark! I ended up driving it not even 1 km to the nearest gas station and got CAA to tow to my house.

.....This happen sat night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts