Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Mosport today to see what pricing would be like for a track day for the group of us. If its really expensive we can open up the invite to some of our american neighbours to help bring down the cost.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Let me know, I am sure we can some of our Ohio membership to come up for some Toronto fun. Chris, I got the banner, thanks again. Just let us know, when and we'll be there.

·
Registered
682 Posts
We might do better to tag along with a local sports car group who has things figured out already.

We'll need to pass tech, follow the track rules, blah blah blah....

I know Shannonville and Toronto Motorsports Park (a.k.a the Cayuga road course) all have open-to-the-public track days...

Eh Paul - any suggestions? I'll see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know Cayuga does, because I did it with my z24 a few times.

I wanted to do something a little different tho. i wanted to do a full scale meet with this thing specifically for us, and any other mazda 6 clubs that wanted to join us.

With 2.4 miles of track it would be neat to just be playing around with the bunch of us. yes it may be a bit more expensive than going to TMP.

in talking with Mosport they seem quite willing to work with me on this.

That said...my uncle truly lives at his farm across the road from the Toronto motorsports parks, and i'm sure I can arrange for a BBQ easily at several locations in that area.

---------
Marlon, I'm glad you got the banner this time. I still can't figure out for the life of me why the sent it all the way back to me.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I know Cayuga does, because I did it with my z24 a few times.

I wanted to do something a little different tho. i wanted to do a full scale meet with this thing specifically for us, and any other mazda 6 clubs that wanted to join us.

With 2.4 miles of track it would be neat to just be playing around with the bunch of us. yes it may be a bit more expensive than going to TMP.

in talking with Mosport they seem quite willing to work with me on this.

That said...my uncle truly lives at his farm across the road from the Toronto motorsports parks, and i'm sure I can arrange for a BBQ easily at several locations in that area.

---------
Marlon, I'm glad you got the banner this time. I still can't figure out for the life of me why the sent it all the way back to me.
[/b]

No problem. I am working with a small local track here is well for a Mazda Track Day, it isn't a Mosport or Mid-Ohio, but it will be an affordable way to get out members to get some track time. Chris/Steve, you may want to see if you can get a few dealerships involved, as this would be a great opportunity for them to get their products out there and have potential customers participate in a track test drive or something along those lines.

I have proposed the same idea with the dealership I do business with, just a little food for thought. Let me know how it goes, I will do what I can for you guys down here.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I want to see Marlon's wagon on the Andretti straight!

Maybe we can get the RX-7/8 and Mazda 3 groups involved, in a big 'ol Mazda love fest...don't get any funny ideas Tim:)

BTW - I have access to a BBQ. A big BBQ. It was built from a scrap boat trailer...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a hitch on the car to tow it with :D

i also now have an email into TMP for a track rental.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I want to see Marlon's wagon on the Andretti straight!

Maybe we can get the RX-7/8 and Mazda 3 groups involved, in a big 'ol Mazda love fest...don't get any funny ideas Tim:)

BTW - I have access to a BBQ. A big BBQ. It was built from a scrap boat trailer...
[/b]

We'll bring the Speed Protege, making some big chages to it and the wagon will be there as well. Just let me know when and where.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Sure. Will do a lot of testing with the car after this winter.

My buddies and I used to go to Shanonville and pay per lap. Only $5 each lap so it's pretty affordable. Not sure about Mosport tho cuz I never been there before. I'll definitely go to the SCCA TC event at Mosport next year, it'd be great if we could get a group down to the track.
And yes, BBQ and tracking is always a good idea. :p

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have a hitch on the car to tow it with :D
[/b]
Yeah - me too!

Now here's one for the record books - the FIRST person to tow a BBQ around Mosport.

Could we qualify for the "World's Fastest BBQ"? The guy who built the BBQ (close friend of mine) would get a HUGE kick out of this...he may in fact try it with his '72 Chevelle...

Hey Marlon - if you distract the Tindol guys long enough, Chris and I will slap a hitch on one of their 6's and take 'er for a spin...we'll need someone to get pics though :D

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Yeah - me too!

Now here's one for the record books - the FIRST person to tow a BBQ around Mosport.

Could we qualify for the "World's Fastest BBQ"? The guy who built the BBQ (close friend of mine) would get a HUGE kick out of this...he may in fact try it with his '72 Chevelle...

Hey Marlon - if you distract the Tindol guys long enough, Chris and I will slap a hitch on one of their 6's and take 'er for a spin...we'll need someone to get pics though :D
[/b]

Hell I will ask Chris Tindol if we can borrow one for testing! :D

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just tell them that a fellow Chris wants instruction from him as he's a hero to this Chris...I'd pretty much worship the ground he walks on if I could....well maybe thats too extreme...but it gives you an idea.

yes i'm a VERY large fan of the 6 racing teams....

Tri-Point is good....but in my mind....TINDOL is better :D

did i mention he's my hero? I have a tindol green t-shirt here that i wear proudly...waaaay to frequently. In fact I think there are bare thread spots starting to form on the back of the T. Yes...I'm that obsessed.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Just tell them that a fellow Chris wants instruction from him as he's a hero to this Chris...I'd pretty much worship the ground he walks on if I could....well maybe thats too extreme...but it gives you an idea.

yes i'm a VERY large fan of the 6 racing teams....

Tri-Point is good....but in my mind....TINDOL is better :D
did i mention he's my hero? I have a tindol green t-shirt here that i wear proudly...waaaay to frequently. In fact I think there are bare thread spots starting to form on the back of the T. Yes...I'm that obsessed.
[/b]
Tindol looks the best...Tri-Point is fastest! :nana:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
IN IN IN
[/b]
We're in trouble boys, the Queen of Mosport is in! I hope this gets done, this would be one hell of a meet.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Email response from Mosport

Hi Christopher,

1.) We normally start discounting at 20 people. Roughly buy 10 tickets and get one ticket free. If you have a large number you would be bringing please let me know and I can see what pricing I can do for you. We also offer Car Club Corrals, last year we had Porsche, Corvette, Ferrari, and Audi Corrals, these are a lot of fun and if you can get the manufacturer to support it, the price can be very reasonable.

2.) We only rent the track for full days. The costs vary, but basically there is a couple of ways to do it.

The track day would be for lapping:

Option #1 – up to 10 cars in total

Track Rental $4,750.00

Ambulance 1,000.00

Insurance Included

Total $5,750.00 – plus 6% GST

Option #2 – 10-50 cars

Track Rental $4,750.00

Ambulance 1,000.00

Insurance 1,200.00

Corner Workers 850.00

Gate Guard 125.00

Tow Truck 350.00

Corner Workers Lunch 70.00

Total $8,345.00 – plus 6% GST

These costs would be for a Monday – Thursday as we have no Friday, Saturday or Sundays available. You might want to consider doing this on our 1.5 mile Driver Development Track as this is a good starting track and it is similar to Shannonville, however it does have elevation changes and it is a lot less costly. Plus we have some Saturday, Sundays and Holiday Mondays available.

Please let me know if you are interested in a day.

Thanks,

Myles

------------------

With taxes and 50 cars = $172.91 for the day on a true competition track.

Then there is the Driver development track....another viable and open option.

As stated previously i also have an email into Toronto Motorsports Park.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well that ain't all bad...but can we get 50 cars?

I'm curious about the development track costs...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Coupled witha few 6 clubs, some PR with a few dealerships....i think we can do it no problem. I have 30 toronto 6 club contacts alone

I also just sent in an email for a Saturday rental of the development track as well.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts