Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you guys know, I have been working with Mazdaspeed Motorsports to get more Mazda6 owners and other Mazda owners as well. Well, after a year of working with them Mazdaspeed Motorsports is looking to create a greater prescence of Mazda owners at all of the venues it races at. The first event @ Sebring has already been organized and we will be going forward with it.

The ultimate goal is to have anywhere from 100-150 Mazda vehicles at these events, with the culmination of a massive prescence @ Mazda's Laguna Seca Raceway! So you guys have a lot to look forward later this year, it should be a fun. Here is the schedule we have worked out for Sebring, Cullen and Mike of Street Unit are also heavily involved in this project as well and we also have the backing of Mazda, N.A.

50-Car Mazda Corral ( $50.00 for member car/owner $25 for each additional ticket)
Pace Car Controlled Parade Lap
Mazda Hat & Custom T-Shirt with each paid admission
Hospitality Tent in Car Corral (w/New Cars displayed from Classic Mazda-Orlando, Florida)
Tri-Point Show Car in Car Corral (Depending on availability)
Lunch Provided Friday & Saturday (provided by Classic Mazda-Orlando, Florida)
Meet & Greet w/ all Mazda race teams ( ALMS, SWC, Star Mazda)
Photo Shoot with ALMS team, all Mazda Owners to wear Custom T-Shirt while on walk thru in the pits or on pre-grid prior to 12 Hour race start
Car Corral vehicles to have 8 x 10 Color Photo of their vehicle W/ List of Modifications ( if stock, list all of the OEM Specs).

Paul, Chris or Steve thanks for your help with last year, Iam going to need it again. Paul, what was the name of the dealer you introduced me to last year? Do you think he would be interested in hosting this type of this event? Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
682 Posts
Wow Marlon - you deserve some sort of Nobel Peace Prize or something...

I see TREMENDOUS potential with this at the Molson Indy, as it has a pretty significant impact in downtown T.O in the summer.

I'm certainly more than willing to help out in whatever way needed - we should consider delegating tasks and get some dates in mind.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve! What we are looking for is to guage interest in this project to see how many Mazda owners in the GTA would be interested in this type of event. So if you guys can check on lodging, find out if one of the delaerships that supports yhou guys would be interested in sponsoring the event, hospitality tent, providing lunch, etc.

So if you, Chris and Paul can get me some numbers and get back to me, I can get the information to John Doonan and the rest of our team and see if we can pull this off.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
As some of you guys know, I have been working with Mazdaspeed Motorsports to get more Mazda6 owners and other Mazda owners as well. Well, after a year of working with them Mazdaspeed Motorsports is looking to create a greater prescence of Mazda owners at all of the venues it races at. The first event @ Sebring has already been organized and we will be going forward with it.

The ultimate goal is to have anywhere from 100-150 Mazda vehicles at these events, with the culmination of a massive prescence @ Mazda's Laguna Seca Raceway! So you guys have a lot to look forward later this year, it should be a fun. Here is the schedule we have worked out for Sebring, Cullen and Mike of Street Unit are also heavily involved in this project as well and we also have the backing of Mazda, N.A.

50-Car Mazda Corral ( $50.00 for member car/owner $25 for each additional ticket)
Pace Car Controlled Parade Lap
Mazda Hat & Custom T-Shirt with each paid admission
Hospitality Tent in Car Corral (w/New Cars displayed from Classic Mazda-Orlando, Florida)
Tri-Point Show Car in Car Corral (Depending on availability)
Lunch Provided Friday & Saturday (provided by Classic Mazda-Orlando, Florida)
Meet & Greet w/ all Mazda race teams ( ALMS, SWC, Star Mazda)
Photo Shoot with ALMS team, all Mazda Owners to wear Custom T-Shirt while on walk thru in the pits or on pre-grid prior to 12 Hour race start
Car Corral vehicles to have 8 x 10 Color Photo of their vehicle W/ List of Modifications ( if stock, list all of the OEM Specs).

Paul, Chris or Steve thanks for your help with last year, Iam going to need it again. Paul, what was the name of the dealer you introduced me to last year? Do you think he would be interested in hosting this type of this event? Let me know what you guys think[/b]

Please let me know if you're planning such a showing at Road America. I went there last year and was a bit disappointed that the only presence was from the Rotary engine club. I'd be glad to help out if you need it.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please let me know if you're planning such a showing at Road America. I went there last year and was a bit disappointed that the only presence was from the Rotary engine club. I'd be glad to help out if you need it.[/b]
We will be planning one for Road America as well, we we're their last year as well. Will let you know when we are ready to go.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
We will be planning one for Road America as well, we we're their last year as well. Will let you know when we are ready to go.[/b]
great. i'd be glad to offer my help for the photo shoots if you're planning on them at R/A

I'm anxious to see the new construction, I assume you've heard they're taking out the famous Billy Mitchell Bridge and building a tunnel under the track between turns 13 and 14.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great. i'd be glad to offer my help for the photo shoots if you're planning on them at R/A
I'm anxious to see the new construction, I assume you've heard they're taking out the famous Billy Mitchell Bridge and building a tunnel under the track between turns 13 and 14.[/b]

I did see that, along with the other improvements. My wife drove our Speed Protege on the track last year, we plan to bring one of the 6's to this years event. I will keep you in mind for the photo shoots.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I did see that, along with the other improvements. My wife drove our Speed Protege on the track last year, we plan to bring one of the 6's to this years event. I will keep you in mind for the photo shoots.[/b]
Yep, never driven the 6 around but did several laps in my '96 Z28 autocross car with DOT slicks on it..........talk about fun.!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
So if you guys can check on lodging, find out if one of the delaerships that supports yhou guys would be interested in sponsoring the event, hospitality tent, providing lunch, etc.[/b]
Gotcha Marlon. We'll dig into this and find out.

So lads - Avante or Dave Wood? Or both? Maybe Mazda Canada?

If anyone has contacts that they wouldn't mind exploiting, feel free to PM me. I'm thinking about writing up a small proposal that we can forward on to potential sponsors.

There was someone on the SCCA boards who mentioned a possible car show on this thread:
http://www.world-challenge.com/forum/viewt...sc&start=15

If anyone recognizes her handle, perhaps we could have more help from other sources....anyway - back to work for me!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm interested. Never been to an event, might as well start :)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Sebring Corral for next month is nearly sold out! I am sure we can make sure that one of the Toronto events is sold out as well.

edit: here's the link we set up for the Sebring event, you guys can expect the same sort of deal:
Here's the link: http://www.streetunit.com/Mazda_Events_s/264.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts