Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, besides being tired of my color-matched grill, I was bored, so I decided to change my look. I painted the inside of the grill. I think it makes the emblem stand out, besides matching the lower part of the bumper. :love: Yay or nay, tell me what you think? I was thinking of buying a custom grill but wanted to be one-off. (I hope attached the pics right)

[attachmentid=16718]

[attachmentid=16719]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, besides being tired of my color-matched grill, I was bored, so I decided to change my look. I painted the inside of the grill. I think it makes the emblem stand out, besides matching the lower part of the bumper. :love: Yay or nay, tell me what you think? I was thinking of buying a custom grill but wanted to be one-off. (I hope attached the pics right)

[attachmentid=16718]

[attachmentid=16719]
[/b]
yay!

·
Registered
169 Posts
That looks really clean. I'd do the same for my car, but I have the sport grille.... and my whole car is black anyway. :p

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
looks pretty decent! i give you props for doing something different! my car is too dark as well to do something like that...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm rocking that look too (on a Lapis Blue)!
I was thinking the color matched grill looked really lame. Once it was blacked out, the front-end took on a different feel.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
hmmmm i think i might want to do that to my 06' bright islan blue 6s :D. what kind of paint did you use?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmm i think i might want to do that to my 06' bright islan blue 6s :D. what kind of paint did you use?
[/b]
Well I'm glad I have everyone's nod of approval. :yesnod: I just used a black & clear laquer spray paint. I just used pretty much the same technique as the Tail Light tinting, which I also did this weekend.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Well I'm glad I have everyone's nod of approval. :yesnod: I just used a black & clear laquer spray paint. I just used pretty much the same technique as the Tail Light tinting, which I also did this weekend.
[/b]
you just used a laquer spray paint? like the kind you can buy from wal-mart?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I'm liking that look.....

---Aloha

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Myself and a few others have done this mod years ago... ;)
[/b]

Yeah sorry to break it to ya, but your not the first to do this AT ALL.. lol

looks really good though, and it's referred to here as the "blacked out sports grill" if anyone else wants to search on info about how to or whatever.

props on the job though, looks really clean :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts