Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....I got my True Flow air filter in the mail today, but I received some bad information when someone told me that I needed a 3" flange air filter when infact my injen intake requires a 3.5." Any ways, i'm going to call tomorrow and request a different filter. I have two cylindrical filter lengths to choose from.... either a 6.5" long or a 10.5" long filter. I measured the space we have to work with in that wheel well and a 10.5" long filter will fit....my only concern is that it will extend down to almost where that that black plastic mud/water cover is. (this is the cover that gives you access to the injen filter location). That isn't the problem...my concern is that since I have open mesh on the front of the car now which allows air to freely flow into the wheel well....I am wondering if it were raining, would an excess of water be getting into the filter. That's not to say water can't get into the 6.5" long filter....the 10.5" filter obviously hangs lower which puts it closer to that front mesh. What do you think.....do I get the 6.5" long filter or 10.5" long filter?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The only time you really need to worry about water getting in to the intake is if you submerge it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yea, I have Cp-E on my car and I have the Lower Sport Fogs and it has the litte mesh bout 2x2 opening at least in the corners and the the filter is right against the slotted thin in the wheel well and I gaurentee water flys in ther ewhen driving and we've has some very heavy rains here and Not once was the car any different.

You need not worry!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I have Cp-E on my car and I have the Lower Sport Fogs and it has the litte mesh bout 2x2 opening at least in the corners and the the filter is right against the slotted thin in the wheel well and I gaurentee water flys in ther ewhen driving and we've has some very heavy rains here and Not once was the car any different.

You need not worry!
[/b]
Well.....I think the problem should be solved now. I got an RMA for the 3" flange filter and ordered a new 3.5" filter....it is just going to be huge (10.5" long) but it will fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
bullion
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing