2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'More bodykits'

Yellow one has close to mesh 19's I'm putting on mine :D

But that one looks like a great kit too. For all you Euro-guys :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

There are and will be many ways to personalize the Atenza/Mazda6, but I still prefer the original look. In fact, the more I see sport grilles, kits, skirts and the other stuff, the more I like the clean profile of the standard model.

Call me boring, but that's how I like'em...:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by Steve 6er

There are and will be many ways to personalize the Atenza/Mazda6, but I still prefer the original look. In fact, the more I see sport grilles, kits, skirts and the other stuff, the more I like the clean profile of the standard model.

Call me boring, but that's how I like'em...:D[/b]
You're boring :D :D :D

When you get your 6 you'll probably notice that you drive the biggest head-turner since ... (well, whatever it was in your neighbourhood). Then one day you notice that there are hundreds of M6-s driving around (like it's already the case in here) and hardly anyone feeds your ego by glancing enviously at your most precious possession. Then there is no remedy in "Getting some rims on that baby and tinting your windows" - it's definitely the highest time to go shopping for some rice.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Call me boring, but that's how I like'em...:D[/b]
Agreed...clean is stylish and will stand the test of time much better.

Body kits look like body kits - the car looks like it has extraneous pieces just stuck on.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Sorry, Sigvard, but when I get a car - it's for me.

If my neighbour likes it or not is something that I don't care about. If people turn their heads - fine. If they don't, that's nothing that bothers me. The only interesting thing to ME is that I know I have made the right choice.

:D

So...call me boring!:p

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry, Sigvard, but when I get a car - it's for me.

If my neighbour likes it or not is something that I don't care about. If people turn their heads - fine. If they don't, that's nothing that bothers me. The only interesting thing to ME is that I know I have made the right choice.

:D  

So...call me boring!:p[/b]
Not only are you boring, but most self-centered car owner as well. Don't you care at all how other people feel when they happen to look at your vehicle? :D :D :D

Seriously though. Those kits above are not my cup of tea either, but I am open minded when it comes to differing from grey masses (maybe I'll buy myself a Secret Hideout). If I put my mind to it I might even go extreme and end up custom ordering a bodykit and thoroughly seeing to it that all molds and paperwork gets destroyed after the kit is complete (alright, that went a bit too far, but you'll never know...)

P.S. I could really use a massive front airdam for ploughing through the snow right now :p.

·
Registered
391 Posts

I agree with Steve 6er.

And I don't know for all of you, but here, in Montreal, when you have a very nice car with a particular bodykit, everybody looks at it ...

... especially the ones that will steal it!

My neighboor had an Acura Integra (there's plenty of that car here); put a bodykit on it an 4 days later, someone stole it (in his garage).

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yeah, that's another downside to add-ons. They are turn-ons for low-lifes...:sarc

Sigvard, a plow would be nice. But then we should have picked the 2.3...:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Sigvard, a plow would be nice. But then we should have picked the 2.3...:D[/b]
Don't worry. Even 1.8 has enough juice for amateur snowplowing. Another matter would be if you wanted to make some extra cash servicing the whole neigbourhood - then the 2.3 AWD would be a must ;).

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That makes me happy. Then my 2.0 will at least be able to plow the street where I live...:D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

BTW: I didn't find any snowplows in Mazda6 optional equipment catalogue. Does anyone know if there are aftermarket kits avaialble?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Sigvard

BTW: I didn't find any snowplows in Mazda6 optional equipment catalogue. Does anyone know if there are aftermarket kits avaialble?[/b]
No, but any kit will do with some steel reinforcements, and if the car is lowered a bit.:D

Kincaid, NO, he's not kidding. There's nothing fun about snow...:D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Hey, did you guys notice the license plates on the cars? "KENSTYLE" Oh yeah, baby! It sure was nice of them to make body kits just for me! :hoho :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts