Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My moonroof moves back and forth fine but once it gets into the closed position it doesn't move up and seal with the roof. I have had to push it up for some time and now it doesn't stay up at all, had an incident at the car wash the other day with water everywhere. Anyone else seen something like this and know what to do?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have no help to offer but I'm interested with the solution and suggestions on how to prevent this.

Kindly put some details about your car like year model and post pictures if possible.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My moonroof moves back and forth fine but once it gets into the closed position it doesn't move up and seal with the roof. I have had to push it up for some time and now it doesn't stay up at all, had an incident at the car wash the other day with water everywhere. Anyone else seen something like this and know what to do?
There are 4 torx screws that hold the glass in place. When you slide the cover back you can see 2 on each side.

You can try to reset the glass by:
•open and then close the sunroof
•slide the cove open
•loosen the front 2 screws slightly (this is a pivot point)
•loosen the back 2 screws just enough for the glass to move. Without force, align the rear for the glass to it's seat and then tighten the screws back down starting with the rears.

This should get it back in place. It may take a few trials but it should work. Now depending on how bad the accident was, something may be bent out of shape and this may not fix the issue.

Good luck and let us know if this helped or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts