Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, don't laugh, don't snicker, don't make wierd faces like WTF, but, I want to put a Moonroof wind deflector on my car. Of course it doesn't sound too wierd now, but lets just say I don't have a moonroof........I just like the way it would look. any opinions, or is it even possible to be put on without a moonroof?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ok, don't laugh, don't snicker, don't make wierd faces like WTF, but, I want to put a Moonroof wind deflector on my car. Of course it doesn't sound too wierd now, but lets just say I don't have a moonroof........I just like the way it would look. any opinions, or is it even possible to be put on without a moonroof?
[/b]
I will say that you arent the first to ask this... You can do it, but you might have issues getting it to stay up there. Nothing some double sided tape or glue wont fix. Of course this won't stop anyone from calling it rice though. :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thats going to mess your paint up bad! i thought it be "cool" look too, until i removed it 5 months later and found a perminent line accross the roof! i tried clay! i tried wax! nothing, so i warn you in advance, but hey
rice it up if you want! =)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mine came from the dealer with the deflector attached. i didn't notice any problems the first couple months. i removed it to clean underneath, etc. then i took a trip and heard a noise, like midgets slapping my roof. when i pulled over and looked, the deflector was loose & scratched the roof. like 6ISPEEDSTER i know have a permenant line on my MS6 that won't come off. now i'm stuck with it.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
[/b]
Damn, I just peed on myself from laughing so hard! Ahem, sorry. No, you really don't want to do that. Why would you? You'd have to glue it on, and it probably would wind up falling off anyway.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If I were you, I'd just stick to wind deflectors if you actually have a moonroof. Someone like me would peer over at your car with the deflector attached and say, "Where the hell is the sunroof? I'm upset now."

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
boy i do love the newbie section, no one is allowed to flame, it makes replying to posts almost challenging.

Anyway, holding that thing on there would be tough without permenantly damaging the paint, I know the sharkfin is held inplace with a sticky 3M doublesided gasket material and that seems to be rock solid, (though I havent taken it off so I don't kno if it damages the paint). The wind deflector would be a little different since it is more of a hinderance to the wind.

You might also get some more wind noise from it being up there.

IMO I would not do it , I personally think it looks tacky and if I had a sunroof I would prefer it without the deflector for looks alone. (I dont have a deflector on the one on my Jeep)

good luck and let us know how it tunrs out with some pics

(P.S. make sure you post them in the newbie section to avoid being harassed)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts