Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I got my Mazda6s about two (2) wks ago in ATL....originally put down a deposit back in Nov.'02 for a Steel Grey Metallic w/grey cloth, V-6 w/5-speed manny tranny, moonroof, & sport grille; of course, that combo was nearly impossible for ANY dealer to find @ that time (& I new it!...just waitin' for the prices to drop; my '93 626 LX, I4 5-speed was paid for & still lookin'/runnin' great so no rush to pay top $$ ;). Anyhow, the dealer called me in mid-Jan & said they'd have a non-factory moonroof installed locally by their contractor (American Radio) w/full warranty coverage if I wanted to have the car in a few daze as opposed to waitin' who knows how much longer 'till the Flat Rock plant spit out my car w/the factory roof. I said "OK", & they got the car from another dealer in NC (which put about 300+ miles on it) & cut-in my roof. The moonroof is manufactured by an outfit in MI called Inalfa Sunroofs (model #TS 33) [www.inalfasunroofs.com] & I'm glad I got it because it looks great (the "Venus" glass is smoke grey which matches the car's color combo) AND, it's LARGER than a factory unit by an inch width & length (yes, I measured them). It slides & tilts with a defeatable feature that closes the glass when the ignition's turned off, too! I paid the same price ($675) as for a factory unit, & I think it's a notch above it in size & quality; btw, I had a friend call American Radio to price this unit on the retail level & was quoted....$995 installed! Oh, & the dealer gave me not one, but TWO loaner cars (Miata, Maz6 auto.) + gas $ during the time between delivery & final roof installation! :D I guess when my family's bought three (3) cars in less than two (2) yrs (2001 Protege LX, 2001 MPV LX, & now this '03 6s) from the same dealer [Rick Case Mazda: ATL, GA] they treat you right......just waitin' now for the sport grille to arrive that's on back-order :sarc . I guess if there's somethin' of redeeming social value here it would be that YOU CAN have the configuration/features/options that you want on this car WITHOUT anything you don't.....the trick is finding a dealer that'll work w/ya! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reading Topic: Moonroof/Sunroof Add-on

Yeah, that's my problem, no dealer seems to want to treat me as a customer. Still waiting for my six that was originally ordered on 12/10/02. Nobody cares there is enough demand for this car, if they loose me they will just sell it to the next guy. Nice work on the roof!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Moonroof/Sunroof Add-on'

Originally posted by ZMZMSIX

Yeah, that's my problem, no dealer seems to want to treat me as a customer. Still waiting for my six that was originally ordered on 12/10/02. !![/b]
Did you put a deposit down, or are you waiting for dealer stock? I ordered mine around the same time and just picked it up on Saturday. I had a friend at Ford track the VIN all through that time, but Mazda Customer Service will do the same if you provide a VIN number.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Originally posted by Ruefus

Originally posted by ZMZMSIX

Yeah, that's my problem, no dealer seems to want to treat me as a customer. Still waiting for my six that was originally ordered on 12/10/02. !![/b]
Did you put a deposit down, or are you waiting for dealer stock? I ordered mine around the same time and just picked it up on Saturday. I had a friend at Ford track the VIN all through that time, but Mazda Customer Service will do the same if you provide a VIN number.[/b][/quote]

Yes, I did put a deposti down. I am waiting for a special order, my salesman says that he will call me when he gets a VIN. Do they usually get the VIN right at ordering? I would like to have Mazda Cust. Serv. track mine to see what is going on. I guess that I forgot to include the fact that a different dealership had to order it for me on 1/10/03, due to the first dealership having their heads up their asses!!

·
Registered
286 Posts

The guy that I talked to at Rick Case was a freaking idiot. He didn't know jack sh!t about the car. I walked out. I went to the one in Jonesboro. They treated me right and threw in the sunroof (aftermarket) for free.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading Topic: Moonroof/Sunroof Add-on

Well, I guess all salespeople aren't created equal but it's usually the case where the customer knows much more about the car they want to buy than the salesperson....keep in mind that they sell other cars in the brand lineup, & most aren't motorheads like us! Congrats on the free sunroof...ENJOY!! [Btw, my salesperson @ Rick Case Mazda here in ATL was: Paul Sanguedolce, & he does know his sh!t.]

·
Registered
286 Posts

I think that's the same dude I talked to. African fellow, accent? If so, if he does know what he's talking about, he certainly seem like he did that day. He couldn't even tell me how much HP was in the V6. He said it was something like 240hp and my girlfriend had to correct him! She knew more than he did! I didn't know anything about the car... oh well, I guess he wasn't motivate to sell that day, so he didn't get my business. I ended up going to Hennesey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts