Mazda 6 Forums banner

Monthly Meet

35K views 216 replies 26 participants last post by  AA86 
#1 ·
I have noticed that some members are interested in meeting more often, say once a month or so. So how about we plan for a meet every month about mid month and see how many members show? Next Month (May) looks very busy. The May Long Weekend may not be the best time for a meet, the roads will be crowded and so will the local attractions. The BcMazda3 crew is planning a trip to Kelowna on May 25 for the opening of the new Bridge, it looks like there are about 10 3s interested now.

I still attend some of the BCmazda3 meets and I am sure they won't mind us joining them. I go bowling at Excalibur every Tuesday with a few members and they have a weekly Wings meet at Legends in Richmond.

#5 ·
cool.. i'd be up for a monthly event. and we can even steal some of the mazda3's activities like go carting, etc.

sunday or weekday works best for me since my weekends are usually taken up.

#6 ·
I work shift work so give a date (or some options) and I'll be able to definitively say if I'll be there or not. Weekdays are completely out for me as I have school on top of the work thing. Sucks big time....

#8 ·
cool.. i'd be up for a monthly event. and we can even steal some of the mazda3's activities like go carting, etc.

sunday or weekday works best for me since my weekends are usually taken up.[/b]
Go carting is expensive. And TBC isn't that much fun, the course is too tight and the surface has no grip. It might be more fun if a go carting place has a tarmac or concrete surface.

#10 ·
There is an outdoor track near Point Roberts. The management sucks and the track and cars are not kept in prime condition.[/b]
TBC maintains their karts well though, they're all pretty even. A lot of places have poorly maintained karts and some are much faster than others when they should be the same. But TBC is so tight that you can't pass anyone without pretty much crashing into them to knock them out of the way.

#12 ·
I'd be up for it. With the lack of meets here since Haroon left I've ventured out to bcmazda3. It would be good to see some Mazda6's more often.

#14 ·
TBC maintains their karts well though, they're all pretty even. A lot of places have poorly maintained karts and some are much faster than others when they should be the same. But TBC is so tight that you can't pass anyone without pretty much crashing into them to knock them out of the way.[/b]
yeh i've been to TBC once and their karts were in pretty good shape

nothing to complain about, except for the tight track

#16 ·
Last time I went to TBC I posted the fastest time out of all my friends. I was pretty surprised since I very seldomly go karting, I think that was the first time I've karted in 3 or 4 years. A couple of my friends are kinda hardcore and brought their own helmets and stuff. Another one of my friends said it's like going bowling and bringing their own balls, lol. I used to play a lot of GT4, I think it actually helps.

One of my friends t-boned me on the track and broke one of the tie rods on his kart, they didn't make him pay for it though. I think he bruised or cracked one of my ribs, it was sore for weeks.

#18 ·
If you want to meet on Friday nights, come out to Langley. At the A&W on 200th street there is always a huge group of hot rods, muscle cars, tuners, bikes, trucks, anything with wheels. i'm usually there for a while and then we go to the Tim Horton's across 200th st. Usually hang out until 11 or so. Meet starts around 7pm. Come on out.

#19 ·
Thought I'd resurrect this thread. How do you guys feel about meeting once a month? Just for maybe lunch, or dinner and some install meets if there's anything to install, and just basically hang out together for a few hours?

#21 ·
we should go to that wing joint

#26 ·
QUOTE (SamSamSam @ Feb 22 2009, 07:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1523442
I want to retrofit tsx projector? Anyone with experience want to help me out with this? Lunch on me haha :love:[/b]

I'm sure some of us can give you a hand with the retro, chris, edwin and I have done them. But I can't do anymore stuff in my garage now as its now a workshop =(

it pretty much takes a whole day to install it too, do you have all the parts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.