Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monroe is having a mail in rebate special for their brake pads. From now through May 31st 2009 you can receive the following rebates:

* Consumers can receive a $30 rebate check with the purchase of 2 sets of Monroe Brake Pads

* Consumers can receive a $15 rebate check with the purchase of 1 set of Monroe Brake Pads

* Customer needs to submit:

1) Dates sales receipt
2) Rebate form found at http://www.monroebrakes.com/promo/promotions.asp
3) Rebate forms must be submitted by July 1 ,2009.

You also receive a 5% discount and free shipping for orders of $50 or more at Brakepadwarehouse.com.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
QUOTE (shockguys @ Apr 2 2009, 04:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1541924
Monroe is having a mail in rebate special for their brake pads. From now through May 31st 2009 you can receive the following rebates:

* Consumers can receive a $30 rebate check with the purchase of 2 sets of Monroe Brake Pads

* Consumers can receive a $15 rebate check with the purchase of 1 set of Monroe Brake Pads

* Customer needs to submit:

1) Dates sales receipt
2) Rebate form found at http://www.monroebrakes.com/promo/promotions.asp
3) Rebate forms must be submitted by July 1 ,2009.

You also receive a 5% discount and free shipping for orders of $95 or more at Brakepadwarehouse.com.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.[/b]
Just a reminder this promo expires at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I went to your page to order pads for the front and back...but the page at checkout you enter your CC# on doesn't have an https address and there's no lock at the bottom.
I'm no computer expert, but I've been told never to transmit sensitive information without seeing those two things.
So I guess I'll phone in my order on Tuesday

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (dfw6er @ May 23 2009, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1564044
I went to your page to order pads for the front and back...but the page at checkout you enter your CC# on doesn't have an https address and there's no lock at the bottom.
I'm no computer expert, but I've been told never to transmit sensitive information without seeing those two things.
So I guess I'll phone in my order on Tuesday[/b]
Thanks for the update. I'll look into this ASAP.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So I called brakewarehouse.com to phone in my order just now and the person answering the phone told me I could order the parts online. I told her the order page was not secure/encrypted. She said, "yes it is." I told her that there was no Https URL on the page you enter your CC information on nor was there a lock at the bottom of the page...so she told me to hold.
After about 5 minutes on hold, I got a hold of a different person who told me to just order online through shockwarehouse.com.

I went to shockwarehouse.com and when I entered the year of my 6, only shock parts pulled up. So I called shockwarehouse.com and got the same guy I spoke with earlier. I explained that I wasn't able to locate anything but shock parts...to which he replied I needed to enter the part #s for the shocks from shockwarehouse.com. I did this and it pulled up the parts correctly. I went to checkout and shockwarehouse's checkout page DID have a Https URL and a lock at the bottom.

So here's my review of this vendor: So far they've failed to address or even let their employees who answer the phone know that brakewarehouse.com checkout process is not secure. In addition, their customer service is less than stellar, IMO.
I'll post more once I get the pads to let anyone who's interested know about my entire experience. I hope brakewarehouse.com will read this and take action to remedy the aforementioned deficiencies.

But I will say....I got a set of Monroe Ceramic pads for the front and back for $58 including shipping and I've got a $30 rebate coupon from Monroe...so for under $30 I've got a new set of pads. A good deal, IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (dfw6er @ May 28 2009, 12:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1565839
So I called brakewarehouse.com to phone in my order just now and the person answering the phone told me I could order the parts online. I told her the order page was not secure/encrypted. She said, "yes it is." I told her that there was no Https URL on the page you enter your CC information on nor was there a lock at the bottom of the page...so she told me to hold.
After about 5 minutes on hold, I got a hold of a different person who told me to just order online through shockwarehouse.com.

I went to shockwarehouse.com and when I entered the year of my 6, only shock parts pulled up. So I called shockwarehouse.com and got the same guy I spoke with earlier. I explained that I wasn't able to locate anything but shock parts...to which he replied I needed to enter the part #s for the shocks from shockwarehouse.com. I did this and it pulled up the parts correctly. I went to checkout and shockwarehouse's checkout page DID have a Https URL and a lock at the bottom.

So here's my review of this vendor: So far they've failed to address or even let their employees who answer the phone know that brakewarehouse.com checkout process is not secure. In addition, their customer service is less than stellar, IMO.
I'll post more once I get the pads to let anyone who's interested know about my entire experience. I hope brakewarehouse.com will read this and take action to remedy the aforementioned deficiencies.

But I will say....I got a set of Monroe Ceramic pads for the front and back for $58 including shipping and I've got a $30 rebate coupon from Monroe...so for under $30 I've got a new set of pads. A good deal, IMO.[/b]
Thank you for your post and sorry for any inconvenience. I am looking into this issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last weekend for this promotion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts