Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
A little bit... it's the new wonder food, upstaging the pomegranate. Supposedly chock full of all sorts of beneficial compounds.

Pretty much hype.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much hype.
[/b]
Think so? I know a couple people (bro and sis) who started taking it and said it was pretty good. My bro is now off his high blood pressure medication and my sis said she woke up at 5 in the morning and cleaned! Not that there is speed in it but she just had a lot of energy I guess.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a little of what I found about it (ok, a lot):

The MonaVie product consists of the Acai berry as the headline ingredient, with 18 other all-star fruits uncommonly rich with nature's benefits as identified by Monarch Health Sciences' research team: pomegranate, bilberry, passion fruit, wolfberry, blueberry, kiwi, cranberry, apricot, prune, nashi, aronia, pear, acerola, banana, camu camu, lychee fruit, and dark-and white pigment grapes. These fruits were added to create the right balance of health-building phytonutrients contained in the entire color spectrum. This addition of variety adds to, complements and synergistically enhances the product's potential. To best capture all the rich nutrients, the fruits were pureed in their entirety-flesh, skin, and seed.

Acai Berry - Scientific Facts:

a protein profile similar to an egg
a fatty acid profile similar to olive oil
more than 16 phytonutrients and anti-oxidants. A remarkable concentration of antioxidants helps combat premature aging.
10 times the antioxidants of grapes and twice the antioxidants of blueberries
contains the leading source of anthocyanins--often reported as 30 times that of the protective potential of red wine. One of the many attributes of anthocyanins is its anti-inflammatory qualities
excellent source of dietary fiber
low glycemic index
copious amount of trace minerals (Co, Cr, Cu, Mo...) and macrominerals (Ca, Fe)
generous amount of vitamins including vitamin E
ORAC value (a measure of its antioxidant properties), is higher than any other edible berry on the planet
Monavie has been medically proven to help or prevent many ailments. The Western world has been thoroughly searching ancient remedies in hope to find cures for often incurable illnesses. As we age we start to slow down physically, energy levels deplete and diminish over time. Our overall health is affected.

MonaVie is a holistic approach to health, aiding our bodies to rebuild cells, immunity, stamina and overall fitness levels. It’s amazing capabilities as a complete food is above all other food sources. The small Acai fruit has incredible benefits and results in keeping people healthy through all walks of life.

Greater energy/stamina:- Assists in keeping poeple active as they age.

Improved mental focus:- Active minds are healthy minds

Prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s:- Helps assist in improving memory

Better sleep:- Helps insomnia sufferers by relaxing the body and mind

Improved digestion:- helps to prevent obesity

Immune system support:- High levels of Vitamin C

High levels of antioxidants:- Deep blue/purple colour of the Acai berry

Anti-aging support: Improves complexion/ elasticity in the face

Promotes better circulation:- Assists blood flow around the body and major organs such as the Heart

Prevents arteriosclerosis

Provides anti-allergenic support

Helps prevent blood clots

High levels of dietary fibre

High levels of essential amino acids and trace minerals

High levels of plant sterols, which have been shown to help control cholesterol

Essential fatty acids ratio that resembles olive oil, which has been shown to help combat heart disease

Protein profile similar to eggs

Very low sugar content: Suitable for diabetics.

There is great interest as to whether the Acai Berry has essential properties in preventing types of cancer, however medical science has to prove these findings.

*MonaVie Active contains Celadrin and Glucosamine, designed to help relieve pain and strengthen and repair your joints, including those of arthritis sufferers.

The cause of wear on the joint area can be attributable to inflammation as well as insufficient lubrication and cell membrane fluidity
Glucosamine has been clinically studied to generally show an increase in the range of motion & relieve pain at the same rate of Ibuprofen
Glucosamine assists in the rebuilding cartilage & the overall structure of the joint and has shown moderate effects on people with osteoarthritis
Celadrin® provides continuous lubrication and allows the cell membrane to repel inflammatory chemicals
Celadrin® stops the cascade of inflammation and the assaults on the membrane which cause it to stiffen
Celadrin® empowers glucosamine to perform faster and more efficiently in building joint cartilage
The dual action of Celadrin® & glucosamine provide rapid joint cushioning, quickly alleviate inflammation, build cartilage and restore the entire joint area

As Seen on Oprah:

http://www.oprah.com/health/beauty/health_...superfood.jhtml

University of Florida Cancer Research:

http://news.ufl.edu/2006/01/12/berries/

Then it talks about how all the ditributors are making thousands of dollars selling it. Sounds good but is it true?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can sign up to be a distributor. It's cheaper that way. My bro and sis just conned me into doing it yesterday so.... yeah, now I am a distributor I guess. Retail is $45 per bottle, keep in mind you only take 2oz in the morning and 2oz in the evening and it's a 750mL bottle so it should last a little while.

You can read more about being distributors and the product at MonaVie.com. To become a distributor type in 78955 on the enrollment page.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
anjyl_99
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing