Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got my 2005 Mazda 6 over the summer and have been trolling the boards since. Alot of you guys have really sweet mods and have put alot of time and $$$ to get results that turn heads. Unfortunately there are those of us out there (Me :drive: ) a college student who basically broke the bank just getting the car. So I've been doing little mods that are inexpensive such as the Interior lights and Im doing door sills soon. I was just wondering if you guys could list some other inexpensive mods that would really make a difference in the overall appearance of your interior.

In my noob opinion I think these are worth mentioning:

1) Interior lighting change ~~ 30 bucks easy intall
2) Door sills ~~ 50 bucks off ebay relatively easy install (havent done it yet but read on it)

not much of a list but I seek the infinite knowledge of my peers.

P.S. (Please keep it to only interior and under $100 and dont say I know a guy who knows a guy ........... :nono: )

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
clear side markers

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am in the same boat. But so far the best small mod for me was painting the interior trim. I did mine in silver and clearcoated it. Made a huge difference. That cost me about 30 bucks and some elbow grease.

·
Registered
366 Posts
paint sum interior pieces, change lighting to LEDs.....

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Best interior mod? It's not a mod but if you keep it clean (ie. no trash laying around the car), wipe the windows to remove and residue and dust it every once in a while, it'll make the interior look great.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
well this is neither exterior or interior, but painting your engine cover/ fuse box and showint to you buddies is always kinda a nice to brag about. Thats real cheap. Im doin that next week. ~15-40 bucks depending on paint.

And a nice little add i did, was i took the 6 off of the back of my car and put it next to my cigarette lighter and stuck it with some 3m double sided tape. Everyone is like, o that looks nice. (my buddies seem to notice it and it fills up a little black space)

Also a light deadening job you can do for 100, but i would only get that if you had exhaust and a soundsystem.

·
Registered
375 Posts
tail light mods
cai stock air box mod
tint the windows
change the shift nob
change the pedals
put small lights under the dash on each side

hmmm
what about adding gauges in the pocket on top of the dash

·
Registered
366 Posts
tail light mods
cai stock air box mod
tint the windows
change the shift nob
change the pedals
put small lights under the dash on each side

hmmm
what about adding gauges in the pocket on top of the dash
[/b]
Yea if u have like 300-400 cuz tinting windows is 200 unless u do it urself and the gauge pod with gauges is like over 200 already.....ehhhh but good suggestions though, yea get sum more money and do those. :yesnod:

·
Registered
375 Posts
yes i meant do your own tint...

you can get cheap gauges at autozone .... plug them in yourself and if you get one at a time then it wont be more that 70 bucks a shot

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Like everyone else said:
LEDs
Paint some interior parts
New pedals
New shifter
New eBrake
Cup holder mod
All weather floor mats
Door sills

I think your best bet is what your first thinking, door sill and leds, though, keeps you just under $100.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Like everyone else said:
LEDs
New pedals
New shifter
New eBrake
Cup holder mod
All weather floor mats
Door sills

I think your best bet is what your first thinking, door sill and leds, though, keeps you just under $100.
[/b]

I just ordered my All weather mats :love:. THey should be here shortly. I love the stock shifter for the manual, so I dont know why anyone would change that. Dont change somoething just because you can (like the shifter). LED's is a great idea, as well as the new pedals which I am all for. Im about to order that autovation pedals, which are like 80 bucks I think from therpmstore.com You already ordered the Sills which will look very nice... If your interested, why not get new gauges, reverse glow. I believe they are less than 100. I personally PREFER the stock, but those are hot at night time and really attract a lot of attention. Either way good luck with you mods, make sure to post pics when you get them done!

What do you mean new E-brake? Ive never seen a different one before...nor have I looked. Do you have one you could post up here and show us? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just got all weather mats which are great for winter and recently installed red light up door sills on my 6. They look great, I've got so many compliments from people who actually matter....the ones that get inside the vehicle. For only having done 1 previous mod on my car (Tail light mod) this one was deffinitely a bit more challenging but enjoyed the whole experience and love the outcome. Unfortunately I dont have a cam to take pics with but If you guys wanna see the result I can make an extra effort to post up pics and if anyone has questions about the install let me know my 6 is an 05.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Like everyone else said:
LEDs
New pedals
New shifter
New eBrake
Cup holder mod
All weather floor mats
Door sills

[/b]
Alrighty , lots of good suggestions ... some I'll be doing after winter short-throw MS shifter , pedals , floor lighting (cheap red semi-trailer lights 3$ea.) , lighted red door sills , gauges w/Lotek Pod .

As a bonus for less than 10 buckaroos .... while at the sticker shop I had them make a Zm Zm sticker for my tape delete that I got tired of seeing too blank - now I'm reminded that I ZOOM ZOOM in this ride + the fact that the one on the rear back-glass reads straight-forward as well when viewed in the rear-view mirror COOL ! You can also add the 6Club logos in the 3/4 windows .

these next two are on the outside , ya ; but you can see'em from inside heheh

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alrighty , lots of good suggestions ... some I'll be doing after winter short-throw MS shifter , pedals , floor lighting (cheap red semi-trailer lights 3$ea.) , lighted red door sills , gauges w/Lotek Pod .

As a bonus for less than 10 buckaroos .... while at the sticker shop I had them make a Zm Zm sticker for my tape delete that I got tired of seeing too blank - now I'm reminded that I ZOOM ZOOM in this ride + the fact that the one on the rear back-glass reads straight-forward as well when viewed in the rear-view mirror COOL ! You can also add the 6Club logos in the 3/4 windows .

these next two are on the outside , ya ; but you can see'em from inside heheh

[/b]

NICE... never thought about that tape delete sticker... wow... its tricky tho... first i looked at the picture and thought you wrote on it i was like NOOOOOO but then i read what you put and slapped myself and started liking it! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts