Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your prob goin to get flammed for going at those speeds unless you were at a track, which I bet you wern't. I havn't gone into triple digit speeds yet, but wind noises will increase dramatically at those speeds and it is normal.

·
Registered
967 Posts
As said before, wind noise.

·
Registered
684 Posts
actually, i get those "wind noise" arond 100km/h - 120km/n.....(60-80mph), on the driver side only...is this normal? can i bring my
car to dealership to have it warranty?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
actually, i get those "wind noice" arond 100km/h - 120km/n.....(60-80mph), on the driver side only...is this normal? can i bring my
[/b]
SAme here....it sucks sometimes. :irate:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well actually I dont get it at those speeds. I get some noise sounds. But the sound im talking about is a high pitched annoying sound and you can tell when when it begins cause of the sound change is very noticeable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well actually I dont get it at those speeds. I get some noise sounds. But the sound im talking about is a high pitched annoying sound and you can tell when when it begins cause of the sound change is very noticeable.
[/b]

is it possible its the antenna? Also could it be one of your windows isnt closing all the way? I dont think i would be man enough to take my 6 120+ mph at a track hehe. gl on finding the problem
--Shadd

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
dont think i have heard that sound yet at that speed you stated. Will pay more attention next time i hit that speed on a closed course track of course. :drive: :nana:

·
Registered
663 Posts
actually, i get those "wind noice" arond 100km/h - 120km/n.....(60-80mph), on the driver side only...is this normal? can i bring my
[/b]

Same thing here. My guess is that the glass needs to be adjusted. It is not "seating" correctly in the weatherstripping. It is very noticeable at 80mph+. Just like a lot of other things. (shock sensor, clutch pedal) it seems like nothing was ever "dialed in" on this car when they reached the ports. I love this car, but searching through forums to adjust(not fix) things that Mazda neglected to do prior to delivery is annoying.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same thing here. My guess is that the glass needs to be adjusted. It is not "seating" correctly in the weatherstripping. It is very noticeable at 80mph+. Just like a lot of other things. (shock sensor, clutch pedal) it seems like nothing was ever "dialed in" on this car when they reached the ports. I love this car, but searching through forums to adjust(not fix) things that Mazda neglected to do prior to delivery is annoying.
[/b]
yea very true. I thought it might be the windshield. Cause I made sure all my windows were fully closed. If any one notices this issue next time they are driving post it up.

·
Registered
787 Posts
yea very true. I thought it might be the windshield. Cause I made sure all my windows were fully closed. If any one notices this issue next time they are driving post it up.
[/b]
Sounds like a door or window is not adjusted properly. Air pressure causes the doors to pull sligthly away from the car body at speed and the normal adjustment pretensions the door to the body enough to prevent that sound. They sell the same car worldwide, so howling noises at xxx mph are not designed in. It's a simple fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another possible cause is the windscreen wiper on the driver's side. I had this on another car - the 'wing' on the wiper (presses the wiper onto the screen with increased air velocity) was the culprit.

Try your wash/wipe at 120 clicks while you are hearing the howling :drive:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like a door or window is not adjusted properly. Air pressure causes the doors to pull sligthly away from the car body at speed and the normal adjustment pretensions the door to the body enough to prevent that sound. They sell the same car worldwide, so howling noises at xxx mph are not designed in. It's a simple fix.
[/b]
Hmm sounds interesting. Well how would you adjust it? where is it located? I've never had this problem with my Integra Gsr Supercharged and I got to 162 easily with that car and no wind tunnel noise either.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
don't drive 120mph in public roads?? common sense?
[/b]
How many tracks are there nationwide which would allow top speed of 150 mph? What's the closest one to Boston and if you get damage on a track will your insurance pay for the damage?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How many tracks are there nationwide which would allow top speed of 150 mph? What's the closest one to Boston and if you get damage on a track will your insurance pay for the damage?
[/b]

No I don't believe that insurance would cover it due to racing they would actually call it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts