Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
VERY IMPORTANT:
First question is well today I was topping out the car on a dead road of course no one in sight and I got it to 151 which I believe is the top speed governed. Anyways when I starts to get passed 130 I started to hear like a weird winding sound only after 130 though. The sound went away when I put it in neutral though at around 140. Any Idea what it may be?
[/b]
Could that be the rear differential? I've read some posts where people say that the Rear Diff makes a whiney noise, and if it goes away when you put it in neutral that would make sense, at least to me...

Then again I don't know much about cars. =D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Damn fuel cutoffs. I think the car could easily handle 170, but then again, I'm not an automotive engineer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn fuel cutoffs. I think the car could easily handle 170, but then again, I'm not an automotive engineer.
[/b]
Hey you got the black on black too. Very nice. How you love it? Treating you well? How many miles?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The Tick Tick Tick.. is your antenna hitting the rear window... =) I had the same thing.. and was wondering WTF that sound was.... mine was like clock-work... at 140ish it would start.. soon as i slowed down a bit.. it stopped...

At first I thought it was a warning telling me I was going... a bit too fast ... heh...

But yeah that tick tick tick is the antenna hitting reat window... you'll probably notice a bit of the black rubber rubbing off on the windshield where it hits...

As for the sound... Mine was completely silent... I took a friend at about 145 several months ago... with windows up... she didn't know it was going 145 till she looked over.... and then started freaking out....

Car is so damn quiet you'd hit 150 and not even know if you weren't paying attention...

·
Registered
940 Posts
oh the antenna? hmm well that could explain alot. I thought it had something to do with the fuel cut off. Cause it happened rite when I got to 152mph. Then rite when I let off the gas it went away.
Oh and also I think i found out that winding sound thats in the background in the video. I believe its the wind tunnel noise. Cause it started at 120 and I also let off the gas and let it caost in neutral and the sound still was going and slowly faded away as the speed dropped.
[/b]
I believe there is something in the manual saying you should remove the antenna if you plan on going that fast.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe there is something in the manual saying you should remove the antenna if you plan on going that fast.
[/b]
hmm that would make sense considering i'll be in defcom3 lol mode (like the veyron)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hey you got the black on black too. Very nice. How you love it? Treating you well? How many miles?
[/b]
About 7000 now since I traveled across 3 states this past weekend.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
About 7000 now since I traveled across 3 states this past weekend.
[/b]

Well how long have you owned it? Have you done and oil change yet? How you like it so far?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't think I could bring myself to have my car at 6k for that long... 140 is cool... but sitting there waiting for it to reach 150 scares me :( more power to you :)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Well how long have you owned it? Have you done and oil change yet? How you like it so far?
[/b]
I'm going to do first oil change soon. Then I think i'll keep changing oil at 3K miles, instead of 7500 as suggested by the manual. I'm going to switch to synthetic. My first AWD car so I would normally rotate tires now, but not sure with this being AWD so I have to look that up. I love the thing. It's way better than my 6s. I don't drive that anymore. It's just sitting in my driveway. I feel like king of the world in the MS6, especially because of my location; I'm like the only one who has one and most people don't know what it is.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I suppose the ticking could be the antenna. That could explain why my antenna was tweaked to hell. The thing is you should notice the tick from the antenna even at 110-140. When I went over 110 my brother following me noticed the antenna was pretty much flat and bouncing up and down off the window.

That is why I got the shark fin, and love it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
All I can really say is...damn that's fast. I've only had balls enough to take mine to 110. I keep having this little voice that says "you about to be arrested or killed"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts